www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a stack of discs in my closet that don't belong to me. I'll find a disc with a name but no number or email. If I don't know the person I ask everyone I see at the course I found it at, and continue to do so for weeks. Sometimes it just happens that nobody knows the owner of this disc. What is the proper etiquette in that situation? They are all just collecting dust. I've considered donating them when I hear of school programs starting up or youth groups who need discs.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

pass them out if you can and donate them to the edge program. Also if you can find a young kids give them a disc, maybe you will be the guy to give a future world champion a start. You can also save them for halloween and pass them out instead of candy...
Heck, I'd go trick-or-treating again for something like that!
If you don't know the person asking around is a good option. In my oppinion however if a person doesn't put their number on the disc then they are actually saying "If found keep it". Some people might not agree but seriously i'm not going to go way out of my way for some thing like that. Ultimatly if you want your discs returned or at least have a chance at retrival then make it easy to do so. This includes you Colorado!!!
if no one claims them or wants to buy them. Then use them. If there are some good discs and the person didn't put a number on it to call, then there's no reason why you can't use it. We do that often, but if theres a name and number we do our best to return it.
I found an amazing star disc that didn't have a name or number on it, and the name of the disc was wiped off. So I don't know whose it is or even what kind it is but it's my favorite disc now lol.
I've done that before at one of the leagues I run. DFL prize.
Take the disc and write "FREE DISC" in big letters on it and then rip it out onto the course. I did that the other day with one of my old discs (an X2 Rocket).
do any of them say phipps????
i am oblivious... what does DFL mean?
They make great mint trays for the coffee table....
Our local club has a Science Day for the kids at a school by one of our courses. They always need discs for the kids to use...

Ask Local Boy Scout Troops that want to learn Disc Golf...
Since we're on the subject of giving used discs to schools, I think both Discraft and Innova have "fundraiser" discs, but do they have donations they do to schools/groups? A: it would be great advertising. B: it would get kids/adults off their butts out from in front of their computer (oops... but I just finished a round) and get some exercise. C: maybe it would teach people to have a better respect for nature (18th hole today looks like someone threw a party).

I, for one, while I'm not a great player (or even average it seems) love to teach the sport. I think it would be awesome to have some sort of sponsorship for school programs from one (or more) of the companies.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968