www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am talking about a right handed back hand throw. A few years ago i was searching around for driving tips, I read to hold your non throwing arm against your body for stability or center of gravity. ( I dont know where i read this at) The first time I done it, I noticed what they was saying was true, I felt like I was moving and throwing more fluid. I have done it ever since. I still move my left arm to do my follow thru. i do this a little before or after i release the disc

I haven't really seen anyone else do it.I was wondering if anyone throws like this, or has a reason not to throw like this?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

watch the pros throw.
wave to my beloved fans!
Your mom and dad? I bet that makes them happy
Nice! LOL! But seriously never gave it much thought!
I whip mine back behind me to create more shoulder turn
I used to hold on to the disc with both hands on the pull back but I local pro told me to use my non-throwing arm as a counter point in my pull back... keep my non-thrwing hand and arm as far away from the disc to help with the twist of my waist. Works pretty good but I look like a dancer... he he
I attempt to throw with my arm at my side but in every picture I've seen of myself throwing, I look like an idiot. Not that it isn't a good idea, I just apparently suck at it. One way to think about how this position helps your throw is to think of an ice skater. When they spin, they start with their arms stretched outwards from their body. As they pull their arms in, they begin to rotate faster. The physics behind it transfers to a throw because your body has more potential for acceleration as you turn with your arm in than out. How much this actually helps is up for speculation because I don't really notice much of a difference (of course, like I said, I suck at it). What RiX says is interesting though because what he describes sounds very much like what Dave Feldberg looks like when he throws. I think that arm placement also helps with keeping your shoulders in line with each other, which is something I need work on. You may have to look at a few of his videos to see what I'm talking about.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968