www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Only innova which is sad.

I throw exclusively forehand. Best ones now are my teebird, teerex firebird and eagle. Looking for something like that. I have 20$ + what I ever win. Max of 50. I am sitting Tied for third and 6 shots out of the lead.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it is too much disc for me though.
If you throw a teerex well you will be able to grow into an x-cal, or alil less stable is the destroyer and it has good glide, very good forehand disc......to bad they dont have Force's then you would be in business!
I have a force and hate it.
I hit my first 1 k round. 1002. for the hope that it stays.
is a max a good disc?
Hmmm..How about a Destroyer, or a Valkyrie. My friend is a forehand thrower and he loves the Valk. Heck he carries 4 in his bag. More to consider are...The Orc, Wraith (my fav.), Beast, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, and Monarch. Out of those, I carry a Destroyer, Wraith, Night Shift Orc (more overstable), Valk (my go to disc) and a Sidewinder (great straight or helix disc) How about som mids or fairway stuff? Like a Leopard (a must for any bag) Mids... Gator (kick a$$ overstable pig), Roc (no need to say a thing for this disc!) Panther (old reliable!) and a Champ Classic Roc (great for those short up shots) Considering a Wolf and the new Mako, but I've not had a chance to try them.
Only for gail force winds. Not a fan of it. Reminds me of a Monster or an FX Firebird, but I got better "D" from the aformentioned discs. Mind you I don't have a strong arm. On a good day I could hit 340'
This is a good problem to have.

To find out what works well in your hands, try the discs in your buddies' bags. Buying a new, shiny, pretty disc is like buying shoes without trying them on.

One safe strategy is to choose whatever is popular in your area with local golfers. If it doesn't work for you then you have good trade bait. Another is to choose a model you already have success with. Every run is going to be bit different (or a lot different) so a disc you already like is worth testing in the latest run.
Chickens! Eggs! Birds! Bushes! Gack!
Well, I'm guessing that deep within the recesses of Bruce Brakel's mind this response has some meaning and insight. However, the message eludes me. Would anyone, other than Bruce, care to speculate what it might mean?

"Chickens! Eggs! Birds! Bushes! Gack!"
I got a Mako, Wraith and a polo golf shirt for disc golf.
That was the flu talking. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. The birds in the bush don't mean a thing until they're in the pan. That sort of thing. I was really sweaty when I typed that. Made perfect sense at the time. Sounded like he was asking how to spend funny money half way through the tournament that he had not won yet. Is this making more sense?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968