www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm not asking the specific type of disc, I'm asking more about the type. EX. Distance Drivers, Fairway Drivers, Midrange, or Putt & Approach... No reason for asking... let's just say I'm curious... I carry more drivers that anything else where most are distance drivers compared to the fairway drivers... is this common or do others carry more midrange and putters... I guess we'll see what we see... won't we....

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carry more drivers than anything. its 3driver :1putter or mid for me
usually 4 distance drivers
1 fairway driver
1 all purpose
3 mid range
2 putters
INDEED
Rescue said:
OK it's time for a disc intervention!!

7 Drivers
5 "fairway"
8 midrange
2 putters
However 1 driver and 1 fairway are my "I don't care if it goes in the water" disc's

Well put... I have a couple of those as well...
More drivers for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love disc golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 putters
5 drivers various type of plastic
3 mids
2 approach
3 slicers
According to Donny Olow (DB)....there is no need to carry more than 5 drivers. I guess if you play the same wide open course you should only need 1 to 5. But I am a newer player...what do I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceman said:
7- distance drivers
6 - fairway
2 - mid
3 - putters
Exactly... "IF" you play the same wide open course. It seems a running theme on here that people ask for advice and what they get is what or how the person responding plays. There are alot of "if's" that come into play there. There are no (hardly ever) questions asked about how the person asking the question throws, how long they have been playing, etc. People just want to project how they play onto other people, but I'm sorry not everyone throws the same, or plays the same kind of courses. So advice on how or what to throw should be tailored for each individual.

Mike said:
According to Donny Olow (DB)....there is no need to carry more than 5 drivers. I guess if you play the same wide open course you should only need 1 to 5. But I am a newer player...what do I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iceman said:
7- distance drivers
6 - fairway
2 - mid
3 - putters
music-surf said:
Exactly... "IF" you play the same wide open course. It seems a running theme on here that people ask for advice and what they get is what or how the person responding plays. There are alot of "if's" that come into play there. There are no (hardly ever) questions asked about how the person asking the question throws, how long they have been playing, etc. People just want to project how they play onto other people, but I'm sorry not everyone throws the same, or plays the same kind of courses. So advice on how or what to throw should be tailored for each individual.
I fully agree... Which is one of the reasons I always carry so many discs... I try to play as many different courses in my surrounding area... and since I just moved a few months ago I'm playing different types of courses some of which are more open than others and also the other way around... On top of that I've never played some of them so I try to be prepared for any situation (at least driver wise)... and as far as the advice thing goes... again everyone IS different in too many ways to count... but I also think that's why these forums are good because you can get many different opinions from different skill levels for the outside the box type of answers...

Mike said:
Iceman said:
7- distance drivers
6 - fairway
2 - mid
3 - putters
4 drivers, 5 fairway, 5 mid & 3 putters
mOSTLY PUTTERS. I use putters for everything including throwing them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968