www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just got the news from a friend about a disc golfer who this past week ran afoul of the law in a big way. Pulled over with a lot of something that he shouldn't have had in his car. And I mean a lot. The kind of thing that you might have heard in the past relating to certain NFL players. Here is the link...

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_ec9ab136-c125-11df-b7c...

I don't know if anyone else on here knows him or has played in a tourney with him. Before he got really good I actually used to beat him. That was of course a long time ago. I guess that somewhere along the line he made some bad choices. All that I can say is "What was he thinking?". Not the best publicity for disc golf. He should have a lot of time to think about things now.

Views: 17

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dohhhhhhhh !!!! Come on Dude !!!!! 78 pounds ? Personal Use ?
I think one of the things we're seeing here is more of a lack of difference between pro and am within disc golf. Skill level, yes but not how they conduct themselves. In ball golf, there's a much bigger rift between the pro golfers and the guys who pack their bags with 6 packs and go tearing around the course in the carts than there is between our elite pros and the guys who basically use dg as an excuse to smoke out somewhere where they're not likely to get busted.

I don't know that it's finance or merely a consequence of how much bigger ball golf is than disc golf. There's a much bigger base of players in ball golf so it's that much harder to be a top pro. Disc golf is starting to see this with the expansion of the talent pool and the rise of some of them kids in the last few years like Doss, Orum, Barsby and Leiviska but we're still a very long way away from the sheer numbers of ball golfers out there.
I forget his name but wasn't there a guy who played football for the Chiefs or Steelers who got caught with a large amount (pounds) of weed? In that case the guy was already making lots of money but got greedy. Greed can get to you, especially when there is fast money to be made. And the economy sucks. I wouldn't recommend it however.
Very bad decision to speed with that much pot hidden in secret panels of the car... Ya think?
This might be the guy I was thinking about. Bam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bam_Morris
I guess I should start a Club "Disc Golfers who don't SMOKE" Not sure how many members I would get though....
I guess this could also be put on the guys who buy their smokes out there while playing as well.
Nate Newton (Dallas Cowboy) was arrested for transporting 213 pounds back in 2001. 5 weeks later he was arrested again for 175 pounds. Nate was a big guy but i'm not sure why he had so much personal on him.
Sounds like Nate had a lot of medical issues. I guess that one takes the cake. Maybe he was trying to sell the 175 pounds in order to pay his lawyer's fees.
Sorry, but welcome to the sport. More people in the Detroit area that play the sport seem to be on probation, just got off probation than there are in school.
I hope he's ready to post your next mistake. This would have went undetected by the forum followers if it was'nt for you. Not cool!!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968