www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

No offense to Sensei Jerry for keeping with the WWSJD theme, but it sparked my interest to know what you all think are some junk discs that have been produced. This could include specific combinations of plastic and model. What disc(s) would you just love to huk off a cliff and never see again? Please keep the trash talking humorous. I will say DX Cheetah, Arobie Epic

Tags: Discs, Junk

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phoenix
The Epic gets the #1 vote, what a pos
INNOVA WHIPPET
That disc is a little out there. The rest of Quests stuff is great.

Craig said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned the Turbo Putter from Quest! What a stoopid disc
Hole One Disc Golf said:
That disc is a little out there. The rest of Quests stuff is great.
Craig said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned the Turbo Putter from Quest! What a stoopid disc

anyone think of the wheel? i guess it could be good in some situations, it bounces really well.
I think the wheel would roll well down a cliff
From what I've heard about the Aerobie Epic.. That disc has my vote. I've seen it fly out of peoples thumbers but ...thats about all it's good for. Any disc that isn't reliable, anyway shape or form CLOSE to predictable.....can go straight in the garbage for all I care.
The DX line in general has my vote to go off the perverbial cliff of shame, due to the nature of that plastics ability to take abuse. One tree or rock and it never flies the same again.
I've thrown plenty of junk over the years, but the one disc that really surprised me was the ESP Wasp. I've thrown the elite X wasp and Elite Z wasp on and off for several years. So I figured I'd like to try the ESP wasp. Bought several, all above 170 grams. they feel different just holding them and throw like a dollar store frisbee knock off. everyone I had just flipped right to the ground. Never been too thrilled with any of the standard esp plastic discs. Don't throw any wasp now since they came out with the FLX Drone LE.

JUNK!

Guess you gotta buy all the junk to find the Gems though!
LOL, well I guess it's what works for the "thrower"!! For all most everyone BUT ME, the ROC is the "Holy Grail" of DG but I've tried several types in different plastic's and I can't throw that disc at all!! So for me the ROC is JUNK!! On the other hand, I do VERY well throwing/using Gator's, which seem to have a really bad rap (ie: doesn't fly, hard to plant, ect.), I LOVE the Gator and can make it fly big time if I want! For me the ROC get's the chomp by the Gator!

Secondly, I've had NO luck throwing DGA disc's for me they just don't fly and are very irratic trying upshot's so DGA disc's are JUNK, for me. LOL, I do much better with the "bottom of the barrel" Lightning Disc's over all, especially the Lightning #1 Driver & #1 Flyer.

Now for my vote for THE Most JUNK DISC, easy, the Lightning, #3 Driver, (in any level of plastic!), which is "totally useless for anything, except a short, right hook shot!!!

Take care, have FUN, Throw Plastic!
B.J. (bogeyman) Ondo
Epic is tops for sure, Turbo putter is a close second, Grateful Dude dimple disc is right there with them too, oh and the Condor.
People keep mentioning the Epic, but doesn't anybody remember its cousin, the Arrow putter? That disc was a piece of c#*p! Number one junker in my opinion...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968