www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

No offense to Sensei Jerry for keeping with the WWSJD theme, but it sparked my interest to know what you all think are some junk discs that have been produced. This could include specific combinations of plastic and model. What disc(s) would you just love to huk off a cliff and never see again? Please keep the trash talking humorous. I will say DX Cheetah, Arobie Epic

Tags: Discs, Junk

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike said:
Haha, ok

: )
For those f you that hate the Epic and say it is inconsistant in flight you just never learned to throw one. Epics are amazing and can get MAD distance backhand, forehand or overhand. They work just as well New as they do used. The Arrow is a great disc for anyone who Turbo putts (not many other uses though I am afraid)

Turbo putt (Junk), Wheel (Junk), leopard (Junk), wraith (Junk), Beast (Junk), Valk (Junk), boss (Junk), Monarch (Junk), Rubber putter (Junk), Reaper (Junk), any driver in flx or R plastic. Oh and my least favorite that should be melted down... Aviars in any plastic other then champ.
My vote goes to the Roadrunner. I've tried it in different plastics and different weights but the damn thing won't do anything for me. I know some people swear by the RR, but I think its JUNK.
mark ellis said:
John McMullen said:
Optimizer, piece of junk.

Take an Optimizer, grasp it between your thumb and index finger. Hold it straight out at shoulder level and let it go. It will flip over 3 times before it hits the ground. :)

Still for grade school aged girls it may be the best disc ever made.
My sister will not even go to the course without an optimizer....just would rather not play. So I keep sending them to her!
And, she can slay the course with that thing, so watch out, she Rips! and Putts it in from anywhere!
I would have to disagree with the arrow...us it as a forehand upshot 150ft and in...money it hits and sticks...no roll at all...even if the basket is on a hillside. I have played with it for a couple of years now and like it more than my Rhyno and Wizard for upshots.
Opto absolutely the worst!!! Hyzer release, turnover roller that is impossible to find anyway with its clear plastic. Threw one once and wanted to leave it out there, but gave it away.
mark ellis said:
John McMullen said:
Optimizer, piece of junk.

Take an Optimizer, grasp it between your thumb and index finger. Hold it straight out at shoulder level and let it go. It will flip over 3 times before it hits the ground. :)

Still for grade school aged girls it may be the best disc ever made.

Mark, maybe it's just a technique issue for you. :-P

I just had to say it because any time anyone says "this disc just flips like crazy for me," someone ALWAYS says "It's a technique issue...you don't have the arm to flip that disc." AND you've gotta love the arguments complete strangers have here about how far they can throw.

"I throw 550 ft."

"No you don't."

From there you just add more and more swearing and CAPS to the same comments over and over again.
A Disc called the Long Ranger by Destiny Discs. Turns over right off the bat.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968