www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you enter a tournament and there is not one else in your division ?
A: play by your self
B: move to a division with competitors

Also why would a T.D. let this happen?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How close were their scores?
I thought there was suppost to be at least three people in a divison???
how about "C", ask the best players in the division below me to step it up.
There is no PDGA rule requiring three, or any other number, in a division. Here is the rule:

A Tournament Director may, by giving adequate public
notice, restrict the divisions offered. Absent such notice,
the director shall offer for competition any division which
has four or more players that are eligible and wishing to
compete. Tournament Directors may offer divisions with
less than four players at their discretion.
move up.
No reason to go to a tournament and not compete. Move up.
If you dont want to compete against anyone why dont you just save your money play a round and buy yourself a disc a say you got first place. I agree move up or why play?
I'm probably not the situation that caused you to bring this up, but I'll let you know anyway. I played in a division by myself this year - which by the way, isn't like the TD sends you out for your rounds solo. You're competing in a group. It was explained to me that you should be able to compete in any division for which you qualify. I qualify for AM Grandmaster, so that's what I sign up for when I get there. I know there were a couple others that that day qualified for my division that chose to play in other divisions. That's their prerogative and I don't have a problem with it. I had two great rounds with Masters division players.

I am not a dues paying PDGA player (except on that day or two a year when I pay the extra $10 for PDGA sanctioned events), so I'm not working for a rating. I know what my score is, and what the scores are in my groups, and the other divisions. I'm competing, but I'm also there to learn from others I don't usually get to shoot a round with.
I asked this question to a woman golfer the other day.Were you there to compete or exibit? anyone who plays in a one person division is not competing!
If you win in a division by yourself, is it really a win? I say move up and try against better players, how else are you going to get any better?
A valid reason to play in a division of one, is if the event is part of a "Series" of events. Like the So Cal or Nor Cal Series, the MST - Minnesota State Series or the Wisconsin Tour. Many "Series" will only give you points for the division you play in - not the division you "belong" to. So if I am in the running for a Pro Master Series title and I play in Open, I get Open points that will not go towards the Master's title. (This is unlike the PDGA - where all points I earn go to Grandmasters even if I never play a single event as a Grandmaster!)

So just because a player doesn't have competition this weekend, doesn't mean they don't have competition.
aren't divisions a ratings based system? im confused .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968