www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would make the basket part a little wider than the chains so they fall from the top and more chain hitters would go in.

Views: 1159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://youtu.be/LplBP9-28b0

I feel the same way, but on the other hand I kind of like the baskets. Call it nostaliga if you like. Oh well. Here is what Feldberg has to say on the subject.

I'm with Jim, practice more and you'll see it's prefect already. I think the basket we throw at today is more then enough to keep the game a game of skill, and at the same time fun for new players.

I like the baskets, but hate the yellow band... I feel like it draws my attention to it and makes me miss even more... But I am aware that is the fault of me and not the band.

I like the band for wooded courses, makes them so much easier to find.  But the sound of hitting yellow...such a soul crushing noise.  In fairness, I have discovered I am equally as capable of hitting the top row of iron on DGA and Discraft baskets, fortunately they are not as noisy while mocking my terrible putting.  

The solution to everyone's complaints about the chains is to get rid of the deflection device entirely.  Just have the tray.  No pole above it.

Completely symetrical.  Completely fair.  Solves the "putts are too easy" aspect of play.  Returns the sport to FLYING discs, not BALLISTIC discs.  Much cheaper targets.  Net cost of less than zero to convert old targets (get a hacksaw and sell the chains and poles for scrap).

I could go on and on, but it's just so obviously the best solution that I can't imagine that everyone won't see it for themselves.

...and Ace Funds would get much bigger.

I would honestly like to hear why you think "both of those baskets suck"...

I am sure I am not the only one that would like to hear your explanation.  It sounds a bit conceited from my point of view... 

the sound of the chains keeps me coming back for more though

My sentiment completely. I always thought he was a little brash but now I understand at the higher levels you cant have that and any BS when it comes to winning thousands of bucks.

No complaints. Just that the game started with a flat wheel and now we are up to a square one. Get your head out of the cave and smell your armpits (you stink)!

I would like the basket deeper and the rim flat(no nubs)

No nubs. No good. Trust those who have suffered the pain of endless rim skips on cone baskets in MN.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968