www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would make the basket part a little wider than the chains so they fall from the top and more chain hitters would go in.

Views: 1179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would do absolutely nothing as baskets are just fine the way they are. If you want more putts to go in you need to learn how to putt better.

Arroyo Disc Sports already did it with their Vortex.

How about flat edged chains. That might stop the disc better

No need for such a comment. Ya think?

Try the bullseye basket if you want a cage that is wider than the chains, but I say leave them alone.

Nice looking Baskets!

I simply believe that there is absolutely no reason to change baskets. They work just fine. Every time this comes up (and it has before) the debate starts up whether baskets are good enough or not. I say they are fine and that the only improvement necessary is in a person's game and not the hardware. I simply see no reason to change it.

This thread assumes that there is something wrong with baskets and I disagree with the premise. Our baskets at the course are Mach IVs. Good with the double ring setup.

In other words, if you were to somehow "improve" a basket so that it "catches easier' you would reward people for less than stellar shots and I don't believe that is the way the game should go. We should reward putts that are good putts and not just putts that "tickle the chains".

Still waiting to see one in person, but they look like a nice improvement.

I don't think people are worried about the shots that, "tickle the chains." The type that get to people are the 10-15' dead center chains that hit and bounce right back at you or the hyzer putt that hits strong side, gets flipped up by a chain and cuts through.  Both of those putts are good putts that got robbed by a device that is inconsistent.  In a game where one stroke can mean cashing and you get a cut through it would be nice to have a basket that catches every time you hit the heart of the chains.  

I'm guessing the response will have something to do with how hard the putter is throwing, but anyone who has played long enough knows some just don't stick. As much as we may love them, it is the fault of our current baskets.

Maybe they're out out there and I haven't seen them but I think a light attachment or glo paint would be awesome for a little night flying.

I have had to really learn to putt with a Flat, Spin putt type stroke to keep from cutting through all the time. I used to be a push putter with a constant hyzer angle, but I realized this wasn't going to work and had to adapt to the baskets, if I didn't want cut throughs all the time....

There are People out there that think the Baskets we use now are TOO BIG OF A TARGET for this game, so I am enjoying the "Steady Ed" Basket while we have it..... :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968