www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would make the basket part a little wider than the chains so they fall from the top and more chain hitters would go in.

Views: 1175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was a joke Star Shark.  I think everyone has hit the yellow band at some point.

I appreciate your offer to help me out Coach...and no, I didn't question your supreme knowledge as to the design of the baskets...but I have trouble believing that the design cannot be improved upon sometime, somewhere, by someone else...

Okay, I think I figured it out....

It's not the Baskets at ALL. It's the designs of the Putters! So, we just need the PDGA to approve a DGA "GumbPutt", you know those putters that are SO Soft and Floppy they will sneak through the holes in the cage, that is 2ft in Diameter. Even if you only hit one row of chain, those things are so soft, it will fall in. AND, the extra Diameter will assure that the disc catches a part of the cage to make it fall in!!!! 

Any Takers??????!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

It can be approved upon, but for a cost increase no one will pay.

Rich people don't buy baskets, clubs and parks departments do, and they have budgets, small ones. And most parks people don't play, and don't care if your putts spit out, and definitely won't pay more for a basket that does it less.

Not trying to be a dick, its just the sad truth.

Believe that any building a better "mousetrap" disc golf basket, will involve drastic change.

Will the PDGA approve drastic change?

All jokes aside, I agree with you Norbert. With "Steady Ed" being one of the Primary founders of the sport, Ed and his Son designing the baskets we have today, I doubt that any "Major" changes will come in terms of a PDGA "Approved" Target.

PDGA has already limited (quite a bit) what you can change about a basket and have it be approved as "championship quality", specifically anything to do with the term "Radial Symmetry".

I saw this video of Nikko on youtube, check out the basket at the very beginning of the video -- anyone know what kind this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRJE8Ap2rk&feature=BFa&list...

Gateway Bullseye Portable. Nikko's uncle is Dave of Gateway (owner).

Thanks for the info... I really like it, really trains the athlete in accuracy!

I can definitly make a better basket that will catch a disc. Special barbed chains and a deeper bucket.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968