www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would make the basket part a little wider than the chains so they fall from the top and more chain hitters would go in.

Views: 1158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Chuck, I dont always agree with you ,but I sure do look forward to seeing your opinion.

I think the ideal "nubs" would be like rubber/plastic eraser type extensions maybe a half inch above the rim that were cantilevered to bend back toward the pole when a disc came into the basket kind of like those spikes at the parking lot where you can only go over them forward. But striking them sideways or from behind they would essentially be rigid to slow or stop the motion of the disc.

I love this discussion, funny stuff, and some people getting pretty heated about the subject.

I like the baskets that conform to PDGA specs, they seem to do ok for me.  Sometimes I hit what I think is the "perfect" spot and I get a spit, sometimes i hit on the "off" side of the chains and the putt sticks.  Thats the sport we love, i think if we mess about too much with the basket we may lose some of the essence of disc golf.

I think any improvement to the design should focus more in making sure that the chains (and/or whatever else is used to stop the disc's momentum and drop it into the basket) reliably catch the incoming discs.  I'm not an expert in physics or aerodynamic engineering so I'm not going to offer a solution or reject anyone else's, but they're entertaining to read and consider.

Our target area on the basket is a lot bigger in comparison to a disc than a ball golf hole is in comparison to a golf ball, so I think we've got it good, especially for the chances of hitting an Ace (I've got two Aces in disc golf, I don't think I'll EVER get a hole in one in ball golf).

I agree with Mark that putting should be less random.  I also think putting should be harder.  The obvious solution would be to eliminate the top rack, chains and upper half of the pole.  A basket on a post will catch every disc you throw in and reject every disc you don't. 

I think it would be nice to have some extra chains between the inner, and outer chains. Maybe a little bit of a lighter, less thick chain.

Magnets in the rim of the golf disc. Then you can put them on your car and drive down the road too!

Hey why not?

I vote for a beer dispenser integrated into the basket. For when you really need a beer!

Better Chain configuration , like the Arroyo Basket !!!

How about the inner part of the basket be an ice cold keg of your favorite beer!

Imagine the sound it would make when the putt is made!

Currently dps is working on a new bag design: can't change the basket...

watcha think?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968