www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Something strange is going on.

Can somebody explain why several of the touring pros are dropping their major sponsors (DD, Innova, etc.) with more soon to follow? 

Views: 1247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The thing I find interesting is that I notice new players at the course all the time. The course is in Modesto which is not a main stream area. Not a lot of big name players have played there. When I was a new player I didn't know who ken climo was or any other disc golfer for that matter. My point is that I learned about disc golf from a friend as most of us have. My friend is not sponsered. Non sponsored players hold just as much if not more responsibility than sponsored players. They are the face of disc golf for any one that doesn't play the sport based on percentages. So yea the pros are dropping their sponsors. So maybe they got tired of trying to keep their sponsors happy. Does any one remember Cameron Todd.

I hope these new companies come though in a big way at the 2013 Professional World Championships!!  I want this to be the best pro worlds ever and we have the potential to do just that.  We've already done it in '10 and we are redesigning everthing but the Gold course to give the pros new challenges.  I am a groundskeeper at Lemon Lake County Park.  Big announcements about pro worlds should be coming in the next month.  I cannot write everything I know, because we are trying to coordinate with two government agencies and the pdga and negotiations are ongoing.  Let's just say the changes are going to be sick and anyone who comes out to this worlds will have stories to tell for the next decade!!  ;-)  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968