www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I had an exciting thought the other day when was talking to my brother-in-law, who is a designer for Merrell (a division of Wolverine that specializes in hiking apparel). I told him how cool it would be if Merrell made disc golf shoes, since myself and a slue of other disc golfers I know use Merrell (or other similar brands) as their preferred disc golf foot attire. Since I cannot think of a single disc golf shoe in existence, I told him Merrell could have a strong chance of cornering that market niche. Since Merrell is a quality brand and based out of Rockford, MI, I would defiantly welcome a disc golf shoe and use it religiously. We continued our discussion with shoe tread ideas and other suggestions. He said he talk about with Merrell's VP, but I want to know my fellow disc golfers' thoughts...

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought a pair of alpine designs shoes from sports authority. They looked nice and were on sale from $79.99 to $30.00. Worst shoes ever. I could see wear within a week and within a month I almost had a hole in the sole of my right foot.

I then bought a pair of Merrells which so far have held up well. They are really breathable and on normal courses they are great. I used them up at Solitude ski restort and wish I would have had leather up top. It seemed that walking down steep terrain that my feet didn't have enough support.

I wore a pair of keen hybrid sandal/shoes at a doubles tourney last week. The second hole 2 people in my group threw into the river. Walking over the girl who threw into the river looks at me and says oh great you have the perfect river shoes. So I get in look for their discs and the rest of the tourney I was sliding all around on the insides of my shoes. I ended up at 2 over and blame my part of the woes on sliding every time I threw. I can tell you I'm never wearing them again playing. If they were dry they would have been fine but I don't want to be the person who goes in after a disc.
columbias,and the north face,always find them on clearance rack at sports authority
Bought out by Crocks and Discontinued.
I am wearing a pair now and have one pair of new backups.
Wore out two pair of the high tops with the same sole before these.
The sole is made by Vibram and should be able to be slapped on any shoe!
The Bite shoe was not comfortable unless you provided your own insert!!!
Otherwise, great grip, waterproof and durable...I am mean to mine.
Added confidence knowing you are not going to slip...extremely important in FLORIDA.
Still waiting to see who wants to produce a shoe designed specifically for disc golf instead of grabbing a golf or hiking shoe and touting that it is specifically designed for disc golf.
Vibram is close with that sole, very close! Just a little tweaking and it would be golden!!!

Link to the last of the Bite Shoes at Clearwater Disc Golf Store !!!
Well keep your eyes pealed, because I am working with some shoe designers to make a 'disc golf shoe' and not just a shoe re-marketed towards disc golfers, but a new product dedicated to disc golf. I am currently wearing, what they think is their best direction so far, on my feet.

I'm keeping them posted on feed back on disc golfer needs.
Voodoo, I'll make sure your word will get out. Good thing are in the works.
Stone Creek
Usually my Merrels, sometimes New Balance.
They both have trod in enough mud now that i really need to invest in new casual shoes.
Must buy a pair that I CANT PLAY DG in.
so im enjoying this thread for all the worst brands to buy ;)
I was wearing this very same shoe, and loving it. However I wore the toe out this season. I would love this same shoe with a reinforced toe!
I dont know if anyone has posted this already. I don't own these, but they look pretty sick. Only disc golf shoe I know of that is still in production.

http://www.leesadventuresports.com/lees/product.asp?dept_id=0&p...
I'm not sure that I'll ever buy Merrell's again after what I've gone through the past 5 months with mine. I spent well over $200 for a pair of boots and shoes and they have not done me well. I'll take some pix when I get home to my camera...better yet, i'll post video so you can see the damage. Both my boots and shoes are not waterproof, never have been. I figured if I had spent that kind money at Sportsman's Warehouse in Alaska, that they'd work well. With the way they look you'd think I had them for more than a year.

I was thinking of getting the Milos from Keen, but I've heard they're crap as well for the same price. If I spend over $100 for a pair of shoes...they BETTER last. It'd be one thing if I did crazy stuff that was extremely hard on shoes, but i'm just playing disc. I've had $40 shoes that lasted a year and weren't "waterproof" and did just as good of a job...

What is the incentive to buy Merrells?
What did you get? My Chameleons have been awesome this year. All the seams are intact and they still keep out the water. They've outlasted anything else I've used for disc golf so far (besides the five fingers, but those are definitely not waterproof).
I don't remember the model, but I'll have pix and video up tomorrow if i'm not busy tonight, have the ADGA meeting tonight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968