www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I had an exciting thought the other day when was talking to my brother-in-law, who is a designer for Merrell (a division of Wolverine that specializes in hiking apparel). I told him how cool it would be if Merrell made disc golf shoes, since myself and a slue of other disc golfers I know use Merrell (or other similar brands) as their preferred disc golf foot attire. Since I cannot think of a single disc golf shoe in existence, I told him Merrell could have a strong chance of cornering that market niche. Since Merrell is a quality brand and based out of Rockford, MI, I would defiantly welcome a disc golf shoe and use it religiously. We continued our discussion with shoe tread ideas and other suggestions. He said he talk about with Merrell's VP, but I want to know my fellow disc golfers' thoughts...

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great idea, i have three different pair of Merrell's. you could have water proof, not water proof and even a sandal type shoe. i'd invest in some more.
Adidas Gazelles.Decent sole. Every year a new pair. Hiking boot style shoes are not so good for me. Too much traction. Hey Adidas!, make a water-proff Gazelle!
I own all 3 Bite shoes, they made sandal which I wear every day, they made low tops which I wear when I play and last of all standing tale is the high top boot for in the mud!

I have to say for me the high top boot really is not big and it is very lite! I do not wear them as much as it's just to dang hot... but when I lived where there was a winter I used the about 5 days a week!

http://stores.ebay.com/Grip-N-Rip-Disc-Golf-shop/Disc-Golf-Shoes-/_...
But as Bite stopped making them it would be nice to have another brand...

You can still get bite shoes here until they are out, ... who knows maybe by then Merrell well have shoes for us!
Well Fellas, I just had to retire my newest and favorite Merrell Chameleons, I wore them to a tourney we played in the rain, and when they dried out they shrank and now hurt my feet, tried to re-break them in but just gave me blisters.........might be time to try something new.......
Since this thread remains on the front page I will have to respond. I generally wear socks and shoes. Sorry but that's all of the detail you will get. They are quite comfortable BTW.
You could use the old cowboys trick for tight boots. Get your shoes wet, really saturated, then wear them until they dry. Once the blisters heal enough that you can wear shoes again, you'll find that they will fit like they were made for you.

Of course you may want to avoid the blisters, which you can do by drying them with stretchers in them.
The Hedgehog GTX XCR is streamlined, with ultra lightweight, waterproof, breathable, Gore-Tex® XCR® low-cut with exclusive Vibram® outsole, designed for fast-paced outdoor activities.
Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex® XCR® membrane.
Abrasion-resistant, bomber synthetic nubuck and breathable sandwich-mesh upper.
Gusseted tongue.
Northotic™ ergonomically-designed footbed with Poron® forefoot and heel inserts.
AgION® antimicrobial footbed covering.
Lightweight, compression-molded EVA midsole.
Heel X2-O2 air pod.
Injection-molded TPU shank plate.
Exclusive, lightweight Vibram® rubber outsole.
Northotic™ Custom Footbed: A multi-density footbed that provides enhanced stability, support and cushioning on the trail.
Heel X-2™ Cushioning: Best combination of durability, lightness and energy return. Long lasting and compression resistant.
13.00 oz.

LafnLarry, they have been wet before, and I wore them till they dried out, but they shrank a bit each time, use to be able to wear socks with them, but after a few times shrinking the socks had to go, now they are too small for my bare feet,.... do they make hydraulic stretchers?,lol,lol.......
Alright, they are Hi-Tecs. They are the Rogue WPs. All that I can say is that they are super comfortable. Supposedly waterproof but I can't be sure of that. I believe that they have a liner of some sort. I might just have to get me some of that good quality waterproofing spray (can't remember the name right now). Sorry that I can't include a bunch of fancy words like Donny Olow did. But they were on sale at Big 5 Sporting Goods for $50.

Tectron, that's the spray that I have used before and works pretty well.

Here is my latest and greatest. Cushe X-sige. Better than my Merrell Intercepts or Chameleons. Absolutely love 'em!
All I wear are Merrell. I love em. Nothing else fits my arch. My favorite are the Moab ventilator. I love them so much I have two pair. That would be awesome if they were to offer a shoe exclusively for DG.!!! Just tell them to make sure it's available with gore-tex. I hate walking around a course with mushy shoes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968