www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I had an exciting thought the other day when was talking to my brother-in-law, who is a designer for Merrell (a division of Wolverine that specializes in hiking apparel). I told him how cool it would be if Merrell made disc golf shoes, since myself and a slue of other disc golfers I know use Merrell (or other similar brands) as their preferred disc golf foot attire. Since I cannot think of a single disc golf shoe in existence, I told him Merrell could have a strong chance of cornering that market niche. Since Merrell is a quality brand and based out of Rockford, MI, I would defiantly welcome a disc golf shoe and use it religiously. We continued our discussion with shoe tread ideas and other suggestions. He said he talk about with Merrell's VP, but I want to know my fellow disc golfers' thoughts...

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

tell them they need to make a 4x wide shoe

Seen These Shoes : BITE TREKKER Disc Golf Shoe
nope nope, couldn't do those..
Spring through Fall I use a shoe that has grip on concrete as well as grass, usually a hiking/outdoor shoe of some type right now it is a Lake & Trail low-top

Winter/Snow I have a pair of hunting boots I use that are Waterproof and have 1200grams of thinsulate. I need a new pair of these as they are getting quite worn-out
Donny and I wear the same shoes nice pick.They are light and when you spin off the box that the tread seems to wear down so its not so aqward off the box
I used saucony running shoes, its very comfortable. Been using it for years...
For wet days I wear Merrell Chameleon boots. On dry days I rock the Vibram five fingers. The fingers have become my preferred disc golf footwear.
Keen shoes will have a dg shoe out soon supposedly.Check with Sun King's Mike Barnet about info.
New Balance and Sonoma life style waterproof short boot are on my feet when throwing.
I wear a pair of lo cut Columbia hikers. They are excellent. Good grip but not to sticky for the cement tee pads. Ultra durable, not a speck of wear on them yet! Ive had them for 1 year now.
I've been a Merrell customer for about the last 15 years, and all of them are still wearable although I don't know why. I'm an avid outdoorsman and have put them through hell, and that is an understatement!, I'm in the woods each and every day, rain or shine sun or snow, and my Merrells have taken everything I've put them through with flying colors,Destraayer, Thank your brother in law for me as for the last 10 years since a series of accidents in 2000 that left my neck broken and "repaired" twice and a third break that cannot be fixed, I'm now just one slip, trip, or fall away from being "shut off" as the docs put it, and when I'm in the thick of it, Merrells are on my feet!, so if they do start making Disc golf shoes, please let me know and I'll be the first in line to buy some, and I don't care what they cost either, my life does depend on them.....some things are just more important than money......Steve Hartley,Proud Gold Star Father of Spc. Dustin R. Hartley 1/9 1st Cav. 9/25/81-4/25/2005.
Good comfortable shoes with grip !
I play my best overal in flip-flops. Croc's still make the best/most athletic flip-flop to my knowledge. Putting is way easier in them. Lately I've been going back to shoes because playing multiple rounds in flops is really hard the joints. So flops are probably out for the long-run everyday discgolfing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968