www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wanting to get better at the game! Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks!

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Driver i would say xpress or avenger ss.

Putter: is hard to say. I would go with what ever feels good in your hands.
there is no best putter for a rookie. i would recommend finding the cheapest one so that you can build up a stock of at least 3 putters to practice with. drivers would be something like a cheetah, xl , stalker, that is not super stable or fast.
Magnet for a putter. Whatever you get for a driver, I'd reccomend nothing heavier than 170g. Mid 160s ESP Avenger SS in hot pink (VERY bright) would be a good bet. Personally, I wish that I'd started out not even carrying drivers. Learning to drive with mids and putters is a skill that I never appreciated until I started to set the drivers down. The Buzzz and Meteor are great first mids, and I'd go heavy with those.
start driving with a mid range. cobra, buzzz, cheetah, meteor, etc. learn to throw flat and straight and go from there. find a putter that feels best in your hand. and always have fun.
For a putter I would recommend a Putt'r, or a Rattl'r. I prefer the Putt'r, but if the Rattl'r feels alot like a Frisbee, just smaller.
A Pro D Buzzz would be excellent for a beginner since it is rated at 0. Though my wife is having lots of luck and distance with a Stratus driver, it's rated at a -1.
Try Understable Discs first.
Driver - Discraft Cyclone
Putter - Innova Aviar
Good suggestions. I was gonna say D Cyclone and D Magnet but a DX Aviar P&A would also a very good putter.
well normally i would say magnet, but to me especially how thin it feels..to a beginner the aviar is the best choice.
Get a Roc to drive with and as for a putter, just look for whatever fits best for your size of hand.

Next suggestion after you max out with the Roc try a Valk, Beast, or Leopard.
Stingray Driver and Aviar Putter.
Used helps beginners as it is "broken in" and flies straighter.
Three discs - DX Stingray (150 class), ESP Buzzz, Wizard SS. I'm glad I started with a Stingray, wish I had started with the other two - I'd have saved a lot of money on discs. Don't go over 165g on a driver until you learn good form and effective snap. Have fun!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968