www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive been working on throwing putters because that is the one part of my game I have not atleast half way got figured out.

So Ive tried the aviar,relic,omega,banger,warlock,wizzard, and Im sure a few other also. The one that I really got some distance and control with was the Innova Wedge, the thing flies as far as some of my mids.

So whats the best putter for max distance off the tee and control at the same time, by control I "don't" mean the most overstable, but if i throw 30 times it will fly the same atleast 25 times

Views: 1222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did the same thing a couple of years ago.  I went to the course only to realize I didn't have my bag in the car.  I grabbed a couple of putters I had been wanting to try out and played the course with them.  I was pretty surprised how well they flew and how well I scored.  

psycho by disc mania is great for consistency, new to old

I'm digging this disc too, it replaced my DX BBs since they're not in production. Once you get this disc beat a little (between 2nd & 3rd stage), this disc will bomb. I like the fact that it doesn't have a bead like KC Pro Aviars.

Me likey the Focus for slamming them from the tee. Just stable enough to not get ugly right and a small comfortable beed to bring the grip onto the disc right.

I like the Focus a lot too. and the Pure is a good one also

Does anybody know what putter has the highest speed ratting? That might help me find what im looking for.

Once again, the Wedge and the Zone are the highest speed "Putters." Any faster and you're gonna find yourself in mid-range territory.

The Ion and the X.D.both go far,and stay under control.Is the X.D. a putter or a mid?

tweener imo

The Rip Disc Golf, Graboides are a great over stable putter, you can throw them hard and they always come back on the end. It is one of my main discs off the tee on shorter holes. The Rip, Relic is a stable putter, but if your chucking it hard it'll turn over with just a little fade on the end flight!

With that said I do own the brand so I might be a little biased :) There are load of great putters on the market!

Best thing to do is experiment and see what flys best for you !!!  Some folks like the stiffer plastic , while others prefer the softer plastic or even mid grade plastic.

i throw the r pro rhyno and a cryztal challenger. I love the r pro on high anhyzers as it starts to turn out real nice. It will also throw straight and stops real nice being an r pro. The challenger i can put a little heat on it and it holds well with some fade at the end. It also flicks well. Pigs are good if you want a faster more stable putter.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968