www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive been working on throwing putters because that is the one part of my game I have not atleast half way got figured out.

So Ive tried the aviar,relic,omega,banger,warlock,wizzard, and Im sure a few other also. The one that I really got some distance and control with was the Innova Wedge, the thing flies as far as some of my mids.

So whats the best putter for max distance off the tee and control at the same time, by control I "don't" mean the most overstable, but if i throw 30 times it will fly the same atleast 25 times

Views: 1278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will say I took a chance on a Rip Disc Grabroide...a nice over stable putter, and as a noob, I am chucking it 250plus.

KC Pro Aviar !

This is tuff. I say this, because I use a Classic Roc. It's not my favorite for this job, but I like the feel over any of the other putters I've tried. Something about a putters rim that are to tall/thick? and have no rim depth. They just don't feel right in my hand and I always tend to grip lock them more because of the lack of a clean release do to their rims. So in short that's why I dig the Classic Roc (Thinner than most putters). Another to consider is the Areo. It's another sort of putter....ah heck. They are more mids than putters imo, but they do say "putt approch" on them :)

See, I've said it before. Of all the discs to ask for an opinion on, putters are the toughest.

I like wizards and challengers myself.

One day I was cranking a Birdie out there by putting some hyzer angle on it. I'm not sure how much distance I was getting but it was out there. Kind of reminded me of throwing those ultimate discs.

I throw a pro rhyno a lot for straight shots out to about 250. Very tough to turn that disc over and it will fly straight as an arrow. Great control for me...drops like a rock though, but I love it for that. Definitely my favorite disc for upsh greenerfutures ots and short drives.

The Clutch by Legacy Discs.

Get one! Check it out asap!  Approved this week.  Keep your eyes open for them in your local disc shops! Ask your local disc shops to buy them so you can get them!

Try a gold line plastic ABC Money putter.  A deep dish, Chicago-style rim, no bead, overstable (but not obnoxiously so), good upwind putter.  Give it some air with a slight anhyzer release and it will "s" to 300.  Personally, I like the Yeti Pro Aviar putter.  It is less stable than a Money, but has a bead and flies like a KC Aviar.

FLX Challengers are straight bombers!

"upsh greenerfutures ots"

what?

Innova Star Dart. I started throwing it a month ago and I'm hooked. It goes right where you throw it and it glides real well too.

I use a Wizard if I want to drive with my putter

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968