www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive been working on throwing putters because that is the one part of my game I have not atleast half way got figured out.

So Ive tried the aviar,relic,omega,banger,warlock,wizzard, and Im sure a few other also. The one that I really got some distance and control with was the Innova Wedge, the thing flies as far as some of my mids.

So whats the best putter for max distance off the tee and control at the same time, by control I "don't" mean the most overstable, but if i throw 30 times it will fly the same atleast 25 times

Views: 1285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been using the RIP relic for driving putter duties. I cant believe how easy it is to shape lines with that sucker. I took me a bit to realize that a skosh more spin than normal and a little less arse will make this thing stay airborne all day. Definitely not a disc that you simply muscle. I travel a lot for work via planes and if I can only snag one disc in the carry on, that is the one.

What exactly are you looking for when you say best "putter" for driving? The wedge is really an in- betweener  rather than a real putter. The Zone by the big D is in a similar place, and is a personal favorite of mine. Wizards and Challengers are probably your best bet if you are looking for a real, slow "putter" putter to drive.

Well Im not sure what im looking for really, something that is easy to get distance with and easy to control as well. I dont want to have to crush it for it to go 250 feet like I would with my aviar. I will stick with the wedge for now as its the best one for me, but im always looking to try something new.

Once you've learned to putt with it, the Boss.

:-)

mk. I don't know you, so I don't know your power level, but most people are gonna have trouble throwing most deep-rimmed putters that far. The Wedge is a good choice for that. The Zone by Discraft, and the Ion by MVP sit in the similar places. Both are worth a try if you have money to throw around. If not, stick with what works.

Try playing a whole round with just a putter !!!

psycho by disc mania is great for consistency, new to old

Me likey the Focus for slamming them from the tee. Just stable enough to not get ugly right and a small comfortable beed to bring the grip onto the disc right.

Thats what I have been doing the last 3-4 rounds I played have been putter only, I was suprised that I could still shoot under par. Thats also what sparked my want to throw every putter I could find in the house.

Its funny I gave away my Ion because I hated putting with it, I may have to see if the guy will let me have it back for some field practice. I here ya on the power thing it kinda hard to judge without seeing someone throw. Thanks for the info, I will look into the Zone.

Does anybody know what putter has the highest speed ratting? That might help me find what im looking for.

I like the Focus a lot too. and the Pure is a good one also

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968