www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive been working on throwing putters because that is the one part of my game I have not atleast half way got figured out.

So Ive tried the aviar,relic,omega,banger,warlock,wizzard, and Im sure a few other also. The one that I really got some distance and control with was the Innova Wedge, the thing flies as far as some of my mids.

So whats the best putter for max distance off the tee and control at the same time, by control I "don't" mean the most overstable, but if i throw 30 times it will fly the same atleast 25 times

Views: 1276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm digging this disc too, it replaced my DX BBs since they're not in production. Once you get this disc beat a little (between 2nd & 3rd stage), this disc will bomb. I like the fact that it doesn't have a bead like KC Pro Aviars.
tweener imo
What plastic are you throwing this disc in? I have a ESP and it is still over stable, but Pro D version might beat in well. I think this disc is still too over stable and blunt nosed to be considered a distance or control putter of the tee.

Hmm..... I have both, actually. I have a Pro D one that has been well-beaten-in. It goes absolutely wherever I send it. This disc makes almost all of my upshots. It is absolutely my most-used disc. My new ESP is fresh out of the box overstable, but it is by no means to much so. I am throwing with only about 300' of power, which is enough to make the zone fly straight with a small fade at the end and no fears of accidentally turning the disc over. I've never met a putter that is overstable enough to put it out of the range of any typical amateur.

I would say a Star or Champion Innova Dart. The DX is great too but wears in pretty quick and gets a little too understable for my taste. 

pic from tee box,would you throw a putter on this hole,this is short pin position,long pin is on left by the dbl trunk tree

My estimation skills are abysmal, so I don't know exactly how long that is supposed to be. Under 250, absolutely, one of my "tweener" putters is coming out; above 250 it's a mid-range or driver.

Interesting question.  Since most of the discs that are older molds and considered to be putters these days were the hot new drivers back in the early 80's.  The aero, aviar and xd were condsidered drivers at the time and we threw our super puppies, whamo 86's and 71's when we got close to the basket.  I remember when the roc and hammer came out at about the same time and were the hot new drivers Snapper was selling at Morley.  I've never been caught up in having to have the hottest new plastic for every purpose, it works better for me when I find something I'm comfortable with and stay with it.  That said, I still throw the aero, aviar and roc frequently and the aero is still the most versatile for me.  I just wish they would make it with a softer stickier plastic like the Omega supersoft and some of the mid 90's dx they used for some aviars.

Why not just throw what you're comfortable with? I throw Aviar P&As and with a tailwind they can get up to 250+ pretty easily, then I just disc up to my Rocs for headwind drives at that distance.

The best disc is the one you know the flight plan on. 

If this has been said.. then.. I'll say it. MVP Ion.   I also use a Vibram Ridge. Surprisingly that thing flies straight and true..  Easy to throw.

If you want to try MVP.  Grab the Ion and Anode when it comes out in a couple weeks.

because ive yet to be really comfortable with throwing any putter yet, the Wedge is doing ok but only for long anhyzers. So I figured I would gert some ideas from this and then start working on the fine tuning.

I'd throw a Pure at it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968