www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since we're winding down to the end of 2008 and I just shot the best round of the year for me at my favorite course, I figure it's time to hear some stories on everyone's best round so far in 2008.

I just shot a bogey free -11 at Telulah park in Appleton, WI. All the pins are in the short placements with the exception of #4 and #5. I shot -3 on the front 9 and deuced all but #11 on the back. I had set myself up with a nice 12 footer on it and just whiffed completely. I also nailed the basket on my drive on #18 about 1/2 inch below the rim. An inch higher and it's a very probable ace. Luckily it only rolled away about 18-20 feet. I did also hit basket on #4 on a long putt.. which is a tougher deuce when it's in the long placement.

All-in-all it ties my best score there or anywhere (I believe) so far this year. I've shot two bogey-free 11's there this year. The course record, to my knowledge, is -16 held by a friend of mine. I'm fairly sure that was all short placements. I shot -11 with a missed short put and an almost ace.. Just think if I had shot better than -3 in the front! :P

So let's hear it.. what's YOUR best round in 2008!?

Tags: Telulah, ace, basket, best, round

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CBass said:
We've got a couple short-ish courses here that I've shot a few 12 under pars at this year. Had an ace during the first one, I was 5 under after 4 holes!! Good scores but on medium ranged courses with little obstacles. 13 under on a short, but heavily wooded 9-hole course is still my best. I had three aces in October, two in three days. Countless dinks... :)

NICE. I grew up at Vollrath in Sheboygan, WI.. so short courses are what I grew up on. I've got 4 aces this year and like you said - countless 'dinks'.. good year! thanks for the reply.
jharrski said:
prob playin r.morris blind @whirrleds, a 49- 1025rated...big thanks to trevor my caddy!
(same course got me for a 10stroke swing 2days later, golf is a 4letter word, right?)

Nice round.. great for giving ups to the caddy too.. wish I had one! :)

I've had near 20 strokes added to the round I mentioned in this thread already this year. Hopefully none of those in the next 2 days ;-P
Well, I think my best round was a +7 or somethin like that, I.E. Terrible
Hey Hutch, I live in Fond du Lac. I didn't play Telulah this year. I think my best there is -7, but I'm not sure. That I though was a solid round. In Fondy this year I think my lowest was 10 or 11 down, I don't honestly remember. My best ever there was 12 down. I shot a 7 down on the front and then on the easier back I only shot 5 down. The record for that course will go down in Fondy history as 14 down by Guy Redlinas the course has now been redesigned.

The course is completely new now! We had to redesign it to accomodate a new drainage pond system they built. I think it's better! (though not all agree) Hole 17 and 18 are signatures now. I'd recommend checking it out and definately playing in the Fond du Lac Open.

I think my best on the new course here is 5 down so far...not all that impressive, oh well. We've been playing all doubles this fall.
Im still in my first year. but the last tourney I played some of my best even though my score or finishing spot didnt show it.
I once shot a 49, par 58 at the Jordan Park.
990 rated 60 at Castle Hayne Park, tied for lead in Am1 at 08 Azalea. Shot 59 at monthly later in the year in the same layout.
1000+ rated 62 on the woodshed in the first round of this years west virginia open.
I don't remember the exact date, but I shot a -2 at Begg Park in Battle Cree/Springfield, MI. My drives were on, my approaches were great and my putting was excellent. If it weren't for a few missed birdie attempts, I could have had a -5. Never have shot that well since. I am still in my first year of playing so I was very excited that day.
2 under 53 on my home course in walla walla wa...blue course.
1008 (i think) rated round at the Dynamic Discs Cedarville Open...first open event, first open cash :D

Also set a new course record at Springlake Park here in Texarkana....-16 for 22 holes. Birdie-fest of a course! I've taken a 2 on every hole since moving here in Spring 2007, but just happened to string a bunch together that day ;)
1st round of 2009
-2 on the front 10 @ the Redwood Curtain
+3 on the back 8
+1 for the round

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968