www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since we're winding down to the end of 2008 and I just shot the best round of the year for me at my favorite course, I figure it's time to hear some stories on everyone's best round so far in 2008.

I just shot a bogey free -11 at Telulah park in Appleton, WI. All the pins are in the short placements with the exception of #4 and #5. I shot -3 on the front 9 and deuced all but #11 on the back. I had set myself up with a nice 12 footer on it and just whiffed completely. I also nailed the basket on my drive on #18 about 1/2 inch below the rim. An inch higher and it's a very probable ace. Luckily it only rolled away about 18-20 feet. I did also hit basket on #4 on a long putt.. which is a tougher deuce when it's in the long placement.

All-in-all it ties my best score there or anywhere (I believe) so far this year. I've shot two bogey-free 11's there this year. The course record, to my knowledge, is -16 held by a friend of mine. I'm fairly sure that was all short placements. I shot -11 with a missed short put and an almost ace.. Just think if I had shot better than -3 in the front! :P

So let's hear it.. what's YOUR best round in 2008!?

Tags: Telulah, ace, basket, best, round

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, maybe i shouldnt be here? LOL

I just turned my first round of the New Year and it was a miserable 14 over?

Now im not a pro, but im a solid intermediate and the conditions were terrible. Here in ATL yesterday we had 40-50 mph winds and I decided to test the water. BIG MISTAKE. Basically played Bogey golf all day.
I rediscovered my putting game, and have been crushing at vet in Arlington.

shot an even par today. my best score ever in the current layout. I shot a few under back in the old layout many,many years ago. but I'll take an even par, since I know I can improve on it.
now to bring it when it counts, in a mini or a tourney !!!
par/even. on a 56 par course. (though one was set up as a par 4 at the moment).
Don't be so hard on yourself man

Donnie Reece said:

Now im not a pro, but im a solid intermediate and the conditions were terrible. Here in ATL yesterday we had 40-50 mph winds and I decided to test the water. BIG MISTAKE. Basically played Bogey golf all day.
PoeticLogic said:
Donnie Reece said:

I feel what he is saying though. even though a bad round can really bumm you out.

as what I feel I am, a solid INT player also, I feel like I should be moving up to compete with the ADV players any time now. and probably will.
just gotta keep getting out there and playing to get better :)

and don't let the bad days get you down.
Right on! The most important thing is to have fun!!!

If my score bums me out, then I stop keeping score!

I didn't keep score for a long time, really until like 4mths ago did I actually start keeping score.

Lol I think I said your advice was the best of all on another dicussion today Eric. It was on "My arm is getting away from me" maybe it was another Eric and I'm just looking like a moron, lol.

eric beich said:
PoeticLogic said:
Donnie Reece said:

I feel what he is saying though. even though a bad round can really bumm you out.

as what I feel I am, a solid INT player also, I feel like I should be moving up to compete with the ADV players any time now. and probably will.
just gotta keep getting out there and playing to get better :)

and don't let the bad days get you down.
Oh, I dont let it get to me. The conditions were terrible. It was 37 degrees and we had 40 mph winds consistently.

My best score on my homecourse is a 2 over 63. And our course is very long and full of obstacles. Check it out at dgreview JP Moseley disc course in Stockbridge Ga.

I just moved up to Intermediate and placed 4th in my most recent tournament.
-9 at a course in Shelbyville TN. Best round this year is a -4 at Barfield Crescent Murfreesboro TN in mad wind.
Best round in 08 59 at Idlewild In Burlington KY. somebody f"ed" up the score card and turned in a 61! I had alot of 1000 rated rounds for a 971 rated discgolfer!
winton woods in cincy on new years day. shot +1 ON 18. very good for 18.
very good for 18 whats that about. meant to say very good for me even though winton woods is small.

Jason Brown said:
winton woods in cincy on new years day. shot +1 ON 18. very good for 18.
being able to finish each round at the worlds with an injury.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968