www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since we're winding down to the end of 2008 and I just shot the best round of the year for me at my favorite course, I figure it's time to hear some stories on everyone's best round so far in 2008.

I just shot a bogey free -11 at Telulah park in Appleton, WI. All the pins are in the short placements with the exception of #4 and #5. I shot -3 on the front 9 and deuced all but #11 on the back. I had set myself up with a nice 12 footer on it and just whiffed completely. I also nailed the basket on my drive on #18 about 1/2 inch below the rim. An inch higher and it's a very probable ace. Luckily it only rolled away about 18-20 feet. I did also hit basket on #4 on a long putt.. which is a tougher deuce when it's in the long placement.

All-in-all it ties my best score there or anywhere (I believe) so far this year. I've shot two bogey-free 11's there this year. The course record, to my knowledge, is -16 held by a friend of mine. I'm fairly sure that was all short placements. I shot -11 with a missed short put and an almost ace.. Just think if I had shot better than -3 in the front! :P

So let's hear it.. what's YOUR best round in 2008!?

Tags: Telulah, ace, basket, best, round

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, makes me happy to be here on the west coast. Our new years day was a little wet, mostly just the light mist we usualy get here in Arcata. In my opinion it's some of the best disc golfing weather, as the wettness tends to keep alot of the people away, but true disc golfers know that it's fine to go out and play in.

Donnie Reece said:
wow, maybe i shouldnt be here? LOL

I just turned my first round of the New Year and it was a miserable 14 over?

Now im not a pro, but im a solid intermediate and the conditions were terrible. Here in ATL yesterday we had 40-50 mph winds and I decided to test the water. BIG MISTAKE. Basically played Bogey golf all day.
1/12/09 Northend Riverside Park Big Rapids, MI. I shot a 59 from the longs. We had knee deep snow and the pads are not shoveled. I felt like I was playing out of my mind, especially for not having great footing and not being able to run up on anything. I was three over through 15 with only one birdie on hole 1. And neither one of us lost a disc! Here are a few pics of the conditions.

I shot a 15 under @ Chabot with an ace, 13 birdies and no boggies. It is a short and technical course that I know well.
Nice shooting tex! Congrats on the ACE. You passed the level. Sounds like you need a new course. lol

Cowboy said:
I shot a 15 under @ Chabot with an ace, 13 birdies and no boggies. It is a short and technical course that I know well.
During my winter break I shot -7 at my home course, Oak Grove in Pasadena, California (first official course)...I was -3 after the front nine (two stupid 4's) and then deuced 10-12, par on 13-16, got a f***ing 5 on 17 then birdied the last three holes to finish at -7. It is my personal record at any course and I was supremely happy...now if I can only get my back hand to be more consistent...
hey me and my partner shot a -21 on a 27 hole course in owensboro KY at Yellow Creek Park on sunday a new course record in doubles.
shot a personal best at DeLaveaga at an even par for the 28 holes last sunday. shattered my best there by 6-7 strokes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968