www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

whats the craziest hole youve ever played and where was it located?

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

played Seatac in '08 and it was soooo good when we got a piece of land offered to us to build a longer course Seatac was front and centre in our minds when we put the layout together.... 4's and 5's were new to us and the tight fairways inspired us to make the target golf that became the Fir Meadows course in Courtenay BC Canada..... Seatac made us take note that the big layout is very appropriate if you have the land.
I would like to think that I have played aot of different courses, but when ever I think of the Most difficult hole I have ever played this is definity the one that comes to mind.

Hole #2 Kennsington Tobbogan Course 726ft up Hill

Some holes on some courses are very tough but the hardest and longest holes are safari holes. I have never played a hole on a course longer than par 5. I think the worst score I ever recorded in a tournament was 11 (the Island hole at Grand Ledge in big wind). But I have played safari holes whose par ratings would be in the 20's and 30's. I have probably played individual holes which played longer than some short courses.

One year, after a winter blizzard, a few hardy guys showed up for a league at Kensington (Milford, Michigan). The parking lot for the course had not been plowed so we parked a half mile away in another lot and played the half mile, cross-country, to Hole #1. The snow was waist deep. Just walking in that stuff was exhausting. Throwing was tough with no run up, heck you couldn't even take a one step throw because the snow was so wet and heavy.

After playing at the USDGC, which has artificial Out-of-Bounds ( yellow rope) on every hole, I went back home and designed a crazy long hole (to practice those type of shots) which played down and back a walking path then to a practice basket. On the first drive the walking path and everything to the right of it is OB. On the next drive the walking path and everything to the left of it is OB. So on every other drive the opposite side of the path is OB. Every drive if risky: you need to gain distance but want to keep it close to the OB line (the farther off the line you are the less distance you gain and the farther back you must cross on the next drive).

To find the thickest spots in the rough just play skip-a-basket format ( tee pad #1 to basket #2, for example). I have been in the middle of safari holes and found swamps or thickets which were so nasty the whole group just picked up and walked to the next tee pad, abandoning the hole.
Ya, this is the hole I was gonna put down. I have never shot a 3 on this hole and I usually end up with a 5.
Some courses it works very well to play backwards 2 holes. Example: shoot 18 to 16, then 17 to 15, then 16 to 14. Doing this you have short walks from basket to teepad (same as normal at least). Probably won't make a tournemant (criss-crossing). Best to play on an empty course so your not throwing at people (glow golf). This discussion really makes me wanna play disc golf.
Those safari holes sound insane, and waist deep snow just seems tough hearing it haha.
That uh.....is a long one.
it was the back hole, in a valley between two hills, it had dense rough and it was muddy. i think it was located in your moms bedroom but it might have been your room
Hole 18 solitude Utah long down hill shot.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well of our cities total of 2 courses, the 5th on our new course sucks it outta me, about 200 metres on an incline, all our holes are par 3, I finally parred it this past weekend, to get a birdie im gonna have to nail it from 100 meters uphill.
That's only 793. I think that Sipapu has that beat. Hole #18.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968