www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Alright Folks.... Another curiousity killed the cat question.....

I bought a Discraft Avenger SS FLX on a recommendation (Thank You Eric Day!) and have been throwing the Poo out of it in a field the past 3 days. Now, My BEST drive to date using various Innova drivers was about 320-330 ft with a Star Vulcan on a completely uncontrollable (for me) hyzer line. I had NO discs that I could break the 300ft mark with, CONTROLLED.

This Avenger SS FLX is AMAZING to me because it is giving me the confidence in my drives I have been looking for. Threw it tonight out to about 325ft from on a slight down hill slope. The best part is when I decided to rip it back the other way and put it 10 past where I threw it from, Uphill. The Avenger SS FLX is giving more and more confidence everyday I throw it. Which is Exactly what I have been looking for for where I am at in my game.....

Which Brings me to the Question, What is YOUR FAVORITE disc and WHY??? What do YOU throw best and HOW does it give you the confidence to go for those shots you wouldn't take without THAT disc????

:)

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lat 64 River Opto plastic, i carry it in 172 and 176g. Not my longest disc, but this thing is accurate and takes little effort.
I have fallen in love with 2 discs in the past month the 1st being a Champion Glow Leopard and the second a 4x JK Valkyrie
Easy answer for me, The Katana. I've had three where did that come from throws, one being a Pro Katana at about 425 feet. Two with my pro worlds star katana over 500 feet.
Hate to be such a bore... but my buzzz, amazing how many times it rescues me from my bad drive and gives me a drop in for par.
Gotta agree with the above poster...predictable answer, but the Flx Buzzz for me is the disc I use more than any other.  Off the tee, upshots...the thing is magic.  I've thrown it more than any other disc.  I know it.  I love it.  I carry 3.

i would have to say my esp comet. if you give it enough height, you can get it out to 350. but the best part is how slow and unbelievably straight it flies. 

Also my sparkle Z forces get the most distance of anything in my bag. i can throw a nuke farther, but i find it inconsistent. 

I have a champion glo leopard - omg i love that thing
I would have to say my Z Buzz SS I can put it out there on any line. If I really put some power behind it on a "soft" hyzer line it flips up and carriers.

The Vulcan has amazed me more than once. The mold is very inconsistent to me but when you get a good one wow! I am 45 now and thought I would never throw a disc as far in my life again as I can the Vulcan.

80/20 Quest Raging Inferno (NOT the DT version) - Overstable at first but breaks in nicely. The concave inside of the rim makes it so comfortable for forehand tosses (which is my main driving style) and increases accuracy. If you're forehand dominant check this one out!!

Champ cobras........hands down the most important discs in my bag!

Super Roc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968