www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My favorite hole to throw would have to be hole 16 at Kincaid DGC pro tee .it's roughly 444 ft in the new extended island position ,you overlook a 150 ft shallow hollow with several guardian trees protecting the green that you can either ani around or tomahawk over .your tee shot is important for setting yourself up for your approach shot to the green that is cut out of tall grass and is not visable from the tee pad or even from your first shots landing spot if you dont land on the far edge, for the hole has several down then up then down to the basket island elevation changes so most shots are blind .there are even more guardian tree's with tons of dream catchers to knock down your approach shot and there are several windows each requiring you to pick your route carefully .i have had many shots i thought were heading for the green get knocked down by dream catchers guarding the basket.when you throw in the awesome view of cook inlet with sleeping lady and denali in the background it becomes a great hole and one of my favorites.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hole #2 Long Tee at The Farm, in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Now that I know I can Clear the water.

Hole #1 at BRATS, my house. Requires you to just stand there and deliver a massive spike hyzer, through a not too wide area, and land in a small field safely on the other side. Nothing like a spike hyzer shot to start the day.
Live Oak City Park, Live Oak TX. (san antonio) - hole 10

the hole is 270' over a creek. looking off the teebox, it seems the fairway is a tunnel shot through some trees slightly right (15 degrees or so off center) about halfway between the tee and basket. the hole is approx 15-20' wide and i can never make it. if i empty my bag, i might hit it clean 1 out of 10 times... so i go around to the left. it would be a BIG lefty hyzer to get around and over from the left of the basket (about 45 degrees or so). and i pull one of my dx rocs right around there. high. flat. lots of spin.

still with ZERO aces to my name, i've hit metal, and splashed chains with this shot more times than i can remember. yet i can hardly make the hole on the right, that most everyone else hits almost flawlessly, including my wife and my buddy's 8 year old son.
Man this is a tough one. I really like a lot of the holes I play but I'd have to say that I really enjoy Hole #13 at Girdwood Disc Golf Course in Girdwood, Alaska. I'm not sure of the length (guessing a little over 300') but the pin is nestled in a group of spruce trees and requires a well placed hyzer to get a look at the birdie. I was super stoked when I took my first deuce on it. : )
I've heard you say this many times, but it is a little difficult to get the bird look...it sure does feel good when you do get the look and then actually sink it. I've only gotten a bird on this hole once.
I will admit that I love to throw all holes but my favorite one is probably hole 9 at silver Mt in st. Ignace MI. 700 plus feet way down a ski hill. grip it and rip it watch it fly B E A Utiful
My Favorite Hole to throw is Hole # 27 at DeLaVega in Santa Cruz , CA.
I have to agree. Hole number 27 is an awesome shot! I once tried to take a super anhyzer aproach with a sidewinder...it caught a puff of wind and sailed far off to the right. I looked for an hour or so, and eventually went home. I recieved a phone call that someone had found it some 1,500 ft. away from the tee pad I originally there from; between the baskets of 8 and 9. It was mailed back to me, and in my bag to this day thanks to some good karma.
Hole 4 BRATS, Blind hyzer over a line of trees from an elevated tee
I might have to go with Hole number 3 (Heartbreak Hill) at Cass Benton Hills in Northville, MI. This hole is on the top of a sledding hill and plays downhill 740 feet. Great views.

Mid winter... Basket is near the Treeline/creek top right of photo..
Any Par 4 or 5 holes that legitimately require more than one drive. I think I would really love a par 5 that was mostly open on the tee shot so you can blast for distance, then requires a good placement 2nd shot to perhaps a dogleg to the pin. Sorry that my favorite hole is imaginary... there aren't really any par 4s in my area. There are tweeners that are too long to drive to, but then you have a boring and rudimentary upshot for the par.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968