www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been playing around with different grips lately, ESPECIALLY for drivers and Wider rimmed discs. I have the Smallest Man hands in the world, so I have a HARD time gripping discs and getting consistent release. I have found the past week that a 2 finger (index and middle finger) grip work AMAZING for me compared to a traditional 4 fingered power grip on drivers and mids. I get more snap, AND, it is WAY MORE accurate for me. 

Does hand size, finger length, play a big part in this? I have very short fingers and wide hands, but I have VERY STRONG hands. I can literally crush walnuts in my hands without much effort. Which brings me to think that a 2 finger grip is what is saving me. When I try and throw a traditional 4 finger power grip, I grip lock LITERALLY 50% of the time. With a 2 finger grip, everything seems to go much smoother....

What kind of grip (grips) do you use????

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use 3 finger power grip for all drivers , I use the fan grip for ALL midrange shots and putter approach shots. I never could see myself power gripping a mid range. Do alot of you out there powergrip your mids ?
i do. on almost every midrange. the only time i don't is if i'm trying to do a 150 foot S turn (don't need a lot of spin for this)
I switch it up depending upon the shot on my mids between a modified fan grip, and a 2 fingered power grip.

I always power grip mids and sometimes putters also if i am driving with them.

Jeff, you are probably grip-locking w/ your 4-finger power grip b/c you are putting pressure on release w/ your ring/pinkie fingers...

the key to throwing a 4-finger power grip is to make sure your release comes off your index/middle finger only...the other two fingers are only there to help you stablize the disc...

once I realized this and sought to finish all backhand drives w/ my index/middle finger my grip lock issues significantly diminished and now when I throw and grip lock I know why and I can FEEL why...

That sounds Great, but I found I spent my whole time on the tee box thinking about doing exactly what your saying. Then, I wasn't concentrating on anything else I needed to be. I cut out the 2 fingers, I STILL have more than enough grip and stability, but I don't have to think about it anymore. My drives have become increasingly more accurate since going to the 2 finger grip, also. I think I have found what works for me.....
Due to this thread I have started throwing my first run Z Nuke with 3 fingers instead of 4, still not flying the way it should but a heck of an improvement.
Fan Grip, Fan Grip, Fan Grip... Its the only way to go.. Scott Stokley showed me this grip in 1999.. I have been in love ever since.. If you want distance its the ONLY GRIP THAT WORKS... I know what you all hear but I can throw a buzz 450+... I dont need to brag about it just ask anyone who has played a round with me...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968