www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is defiantly in response to the discussion: "What's your favorite hole to throw?" I struggle to think my absolute favorite hole. I've played so many down hill bombs or beautiful water holes. But there are some BAD hole designs that stand out in my mind and should be addressed. For instance: hole 5 at Fallsburg Park, Lowell, MI. A Massive uphill climb that seems to get tighter as you ascend. The hole has kind of a ditch of thick running along each side of the fairway. There is a reason why people call this call park "Fall-aparts-burg" or "Fails-burg."

Please don't list any short, little birdie holes. They are kind of a given. No body likes a hole that looks more like a long putt. Course designers, please take note.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm hole #6 from blues @ bandemer... nasty hole.
oh man no how bout 8 from longs, thats just bad design right there. JK! a DGC at bandemer is way better than what was there before
8 longs. God I love that hole. Number 6 from the longs now that's another story. Its a pain but I would never say its a bad hole.
It would have to be HOLE #12 at Lippold Park in Crystal lake, IL

the hold is 131 feet the the left of the teepad. No direct type shot. Lots of trees, Only way to get 2 or 3 is with a perfect execution of a roller. Most people I see play this hole get 4s. again it is 131FEET!!!

http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Lippold_Park/Hole_12/1573
a bad hole is one where the ground under the basket becomes a water hole, and you think, eh, i'll lay up close enough, let my friends and I take gimmes, and move to the next hole because you don't want to step in a foot of mud and water to retrieve your disc.
Hmm...least favorite hole to throw.

Not a bad hole just a hole that I do not like and that would be hole #1 at Monte Sano in Huntsville, AL. About 280'-290' that hooks to the right. The wooded fairway begins turning kinda early and then keeps turning. Even tough for a forehand shot unless you can get a good skip. I generally try to play this hole for a 3. On this hole and on this course, you are setting yourself up for a clean second shot on some of these holes. What ticks me off about this hole is that it is by far easier to throw 90 degrees to the right off the tee pad to get into an open grassy area and then it is a much more open second shot therefore bypassing the entire fairway.

But, hey, everyone has to play it.
hole number 15 at cottage hill park in mobile, alabama. first a well executed first shot to get to the "bend." 240 uphill to the left. lots of trees. if you place it there, then you have a tight fairway to hit another 200 to the basket which is up on a red clay hill. i once recorded a seven on that hole in a tourney. threw a three on it the other night in glowbies though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968