www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do before a tournament round? Any special warmups or anything to get ready for some serious rounds of dg.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me...........

I like to show up early.  In doing so, I walk the course.  I try to envision every hole in my mind.  I then try to figure out which is the best route for me to take and which would be the best disc to use. 

Show up and kick ass!!!!! A little n and little driving !!! ready to go!!!!
Tournament-I am usually there about 30 minuets before check in.  I Get a good stretch in to make sure I am good and loose.  I check in get some putting practice in. Then I throw some mid range and approach shots. After that I start throwing some drives.  Then I practice putting again and start getting my focus.  I then Play a few holes and practice putting one more time and then go to the players meeting.   and then win
Crack open a beer?
Assuming I've already practiced the courses, I have a stretch routine that takes 5-10 minutes, then I empty my bag at a hole throwing moderately hard. I pick up my discs and putt for 20-30 minutes...
I like to make sure I stretch real good, get a lengthy putting session in, work on my game from 250' in, and work on some drives: D, Turns, hyzers, OHs, etc

I like to get there 90 minutes prior to start time. Start with a short, light jog and a good strech of the back, shoulder, and neck musles, play catch with an ultimate frisbee, putt for 10 minutes from 15', then assuming I've practiced the course, I'll go play the 4-5 holes that gave me pause during practice to work on approach and long range shots--then the beer...

Wake up drink a beer in the shower , drink a beer before leaving the house , throw some drives , drink a beer , putt , play catch while having a beer, and then some final putting. By then I'm all loosey goosey and have no tension , just gotta take a piss!

First, I play tiger wood pga tour 2012 disc golf for the Wii all night to stoke me out!

Then I show up early and bounce around on holes to find a basket where i can practice putting on the course, different hole or two every round. Also, I'll throw in my head phones and try to visualize some of the shots that concern me most.

Doesn't seem to work cause I'm a total choke artist in tournaments. So i guess don't do this^?(ecxept the Wii video game isht, do do that)

At my age my pregame consists of driving (in my car) to the course :-)
I hear ya....GM here...9 holes to warm up...
My pre-game consists of exactly this in order:

100g Innova Polecat - Starting off with such a light weight disc will require a fine touch and allow you to work on your grip and release
of the disc without straining your wrist; fun play and catch.

165g Roc - Now we're zoning in. Just throw a few, but not too far.
We're only working on getting some blood pumping and gettingyour mind in tube with how your body's reacting today.I know you
can throw a your Irons 250 + but reserve power for your round.

175g Stable Driver - Your choice. Don't matter. Work on power and control. You shouldn't have to throw many, as your arm is already 
good to go anyways. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968