www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do before a tournament round? Any special warmups or anything to get ready for some serious rounds of dg.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Find my toughest opponent and steal their putter and main driver.... lol : )

I work my normal week Mon- Thurs and take Friday off. If I am familiar with course, I play a couple of shot by shot rounds in my head on Friday. If I am not familiar with the course, I look it up on friday and go through what pictures I find a couple of times and any video I can find thinking about disc and shot selection for the next day.

I arrive about 90 minutes ahead of tee time and walk the course, noting any pin positions that I am not familiar with. If I am not familiar with the whole course, I make note of the holes that I can't relate in my mind to my home course. For warm up I play the holes that I made note of and head over to the registration area.

About a half hour before start I warm up putting until they call for the player meeting and assignments. Once our assignments are handed out and we are headed to the tee I spend the time walking getting to know the names and faces in my group. Once at the tee, if possible I let the others shoot first; there will be some good shots and some bad. I already know which disc I am using and my shot line, I step up and get underway. Have fun.

For Tournaments:  I basically throw my whole bag in a field at about 60% power, twice.  This allows me to get the arm warm without throwing anything out, plus it makes me focus on throwing flat. Then maybe throw 10 drives at full speed. And practice putting for about 5 minutes before the horn.  Play or at least look at any unfamiliar holes.

For Casual:  I start playing

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968