www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been a mix of putting styles since I started. I have had trouble getting a consistent putting stroke. I got some Great advice lately on putting. My problem with the advice, and as of late, is that my throwing arm elbow has started hurting a bit after rounds, sometimes during. I feel it the Worst when I putt. I don't snap it or anything, its just any type of spin putt arm stroke hurts now. So, I took the advice I was given on release, keeping the disc flat and such, but incorporated a straight armed straddle putt type stroke that doesn't hurt my elbow. Been working on it the past 2 days and I am pretty solid out to 30ft with it. 

This got me thinking about all the putting styles out there. What is YOUR Primary Putting Style/Technique? Are you a Spin, or Push Putter? Straddle, or more conventional stance? Are you a Turbo Putter Primarily? Would love to hear how people put it in the basket... :)

Views: 694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a standard, run of the mill staggered stance spin putter.  It works reasonably well for me although I'm having some grip issues lately.

Do you use a "Birdie Bag".

I think that is what is called.

It is like a rasin bag for Disc Golfers.

No, it's not that related.  It's like my hand relaxes before release so I get nothing on the shot.  More focus ant timing is what will fix it.
I definitely have to make sure that I am relaxed before I putt and that I also follow through. If I get tense I will pull the putt right and if I don't follow through the putt will go high.
I do the EXACT same thing Jim. Relax and follow through. I miss a lot high and right. :)
I just aim at the pole with enough spin !!! :D
Gotta add that using the walk through jump putt.....don't know the exact name for it.....that Dave feldberg uses, has been a great addition to my game. Just started using it over the lunge jump putt and I have found much more accuracy. Feeling some confidence now from 40 or 45 feet out. Still not sure how some of u pros are nailing putts from 60 plus ft. Crazy!!
Showoff. :)
I will say i am a spin putter. I get more distance and accuracy with spin then push for some reason. Turbo putts are for fun
I think what I do is a push putt, regular stance, I've been practicing turbo putting for over bushes etc.. I also do a weird kind of forehand putt to get around tree's and such.
I'm a spin putter.  I used to be a loft putter, but it didn't work out for me in the long run.  I putt every day and ever since I have, my rating and finish keep going up.
great pic!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968