www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just for fun.

I go with the Wraith. I can get quick fast turning skips with big air, too long steady skips(money skip), or the crazy warm burner followed by sudden huge air skips with it.

So whats your skip disc? How do you use it?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For Skip Shots , gotta be a Phenix !!!!  I can get one to jump over the basket !!!
i use a Nuke, that sucker skips like crazy!
FIREBIRD... the best skip disc ever.  Watch Cubby throw his firebird in the basket again and again on youtube with a skip shot.  I use mine for a safe ace run...the skip ace.  Haven't gotten one yet after a year of trying this shot, but I've hit metal and chains several times.  It bounces pin high every time when I throw it on a 45 degree angle.  It's also useful for flat hyzers under trees where I need it to skip as far as possible.  For more speed and distance, the XCal works great, as well as any of the other long fast overstable drivers.  Someone else mentioned a zone for shorter shots and I'll second that.  I call it my short firebird. 
I use a Destroyer for a long skip shot... can get it out there a ways hit the ground, and fade hard into the area I need it to be!
And if it goes in the lake, all 190 grams of it float!
I use a few discs that I can get a skip out off when I need it.  Nuke, Boss, Talon, Destroyer, and Katana.
It's good to use a disc with some meat between the rim of the disc and the ground. This is to keep the edge from digging into the ground. It also helps if the disc has a strong fade. So firebirds and whippets work really good.
The nuke will skip forever
The nuke will skip forever
sorry for the double post..internet is being stupid
11x Champ Firebird. Got my first skip ace with it too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968