www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm thinking of switching to a slower speed driver, and was wondering what other players like to use.

Right now my lowest speed driver is a sidewinder, i'm thinking of going to either an eagle or a tbird. I tend to stick with Innova Star plastic, but do throw Discraft ESP plastic.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, I think the TL is the front runner here.  I'd like to think it's because I've been pitching them whenever I can on this forum for a couple of years now, but that'd probably be a bit dillusional. :-)  Seriously though, try the star TL if you haven't .  I call it my long roc because it's such a straight driver and it glides long.  Controllable at a great range of speeds.  If you like that one and want just a touch more stability, find a CFR champion TL, then if that's not enough, go to the standard teebird.  I just find that the TL is generally more versatile in terms of lines. 

Valkyrie. Hands down the best driver on the market.

Wow So many replies, Ok so the next disc I'll buy is the Wahoo, Just cause its new lol. Then ill go with the one of the two that keeps popping up Stalker and TL. Also I found a StarFire in my pile of disc, I forgot about having it sense I found it in a lake one day. Anybody have any luck with this thing?

One last idea, you said you need somthing around 310-330 and said that your roc gives you 300 why not try a lighter weight roc?

sidewinder gets tothe basket,bakerfield ace

what is the difference between a slow speed or fast speed driver what do they do different?

My buddy has a cfr glow starfire he throw it really striaght with a little s curve to it but he also throws near 500 with a champ katana.

Its Windy where I play, you can see the gulf of mexico from about 5 or 6 of the tee box's. But Im working with a star roc right now seems to not go as far but never flips on me. 

not go as far...we atleast there no supposed too anyway. Its nice when you need to throw it hard to hit a gap, but need it not to go bombing past the basket.

They offer more accuracy, which at many times trumps distance.
For many players, especially new, faster discs will only gain 10-50 ft.
Seasoned players work to expand distance of slower discs, down to putters- and usaully opt to throw the slowest disc needed as it will yield better accuracy and give more predictable deflections.

Just checked out some of the Lat 64 stuff online.....Wow that is some sick looking plastic. Ok so im going to add a striker to the list of disc to buy.

For those who have thrown the River, How under stable is it? I like how much glide it has, sounds like it would be perfect for those long tunnel shots. Does it fly like a Mako/Glide/Buzz/Other? 

Another vote for the TL here. The Night I'd lost my blue 172 gram Star TL out in a sub tropical mess of Cabbage palms ( one of which I think it ended up in top of),palmettos and various other plants  on the course I came right home and ordered another one still 172 grams, still star plastic, but this one is YELLOW. As I posted elsewhere here, though it's a "Fairway Driver", I basically grab it anytime I need to have  something that goes, laser straight in a very controlled path where distances are shorter than warrant the Valkyrie or other Distance drivers. (Incidentally.. I love that 150 Star Valkyrie.. I intend to get a spare when I can) When I'm all out wailing, the TL I can get similar distance to what I do with my distance drivers (I'm not the biggest arm as of yet), but the TL is great  for me when I'm in a situation where I can't do the whole X-Step, full reach back back deal. I use it as a Super flat straight Mid range.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968