www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Freekin' Cripes! I thought I was doing really well with sticking with the same core discs and getting to know them. Today was the worst day yet. I am getting so much more arm speed and snap this last week that ALL of my Dependable, Reliable drivers are turning over. Played the worst round in a LONG time today cause Everything flipped, and I mean FLIPPED. Guess I am gonna have to search for some drivers that are a bit more stable. Damn. I was SO Stoked I finally threw my Surge SS well over 300ft. Today it went about 360ft into the WRONG fairway cause it turned over so far. 

Anyone else just have their new found Snappy Power come ALL OF A SUDDEN?

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah sounds like you not smooth enough and your torquing/jerking the disc over. I used to do this and got big distance hyzerflips but had little control of the amount of Flip I got. I now throw a smooth release hyzerflip and it just pops up flat maybe a little annie then flies nice and straight

That resistance band should come with a warning...  ;-)

(inside joke)

One thing that you can do if the disc starts to always flip is start it out on a hyzer angle. This is commonly called the hyzer flip. It starts out on a hyzer line and then flips up, goes flat or slightly understable and then tails back at the very end.

One thing that you will notice is that when you overpower a disc and it turns over it will often go very far, in the wrong direction. It can be a sign that you threw the disc with poor mechanics. Think about the angle of the disc and try to get it out their in a smooth and fluid motion. My Sidewinder has a beautiful flight path if I throw it smooth. If I overpower it, it is off to the right and won't come back.

If you cannot throw them straight... it is not a matter of more power, just bad form.  I went through it.  Back your speed up, learn to throw the discs again, and build up from there.  You should be able to throw a Comet 300ft straight.
If my disc starts to flip , I just put more hyzer on it !!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968