www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I meet with a dear friend for the first time in 2 years last night.  The last time we were together, we tragically lost his youngest daughter to the flow of the Meramec River outside of St.Louis. Please keep your ugly jeers to the side, because it was not an act of bad judgement...just a horrible result of consequence.  To keep it short, I am going to play disc golf today on a rainy, depressing day with a heavy heart, but I know that I WILL feel right after a few throws and some good conversation with my buddies.  It can not heal all wounds, but disc golf is my religion...

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear that!!!! Just go out and rip them!!!! A good get away!!!! And since it's your religion(mine too)!! It's time to go to church then!!!!!

If anyone did start questioning you or blaming you after this post karma would turn around and buttf#@k them with a shotgun barrel.  My heart goes out to you and your friend, a tragic event like that doesn't ever really leave a persons' mind.  Have a good round, man and as good of a time as you can, I hope that first birdie perks you up a bit. 

after a drunk driver ran a red light and smashed my car and i got a dwi and was left without a car for 2 years. disc golf (and my girlfriend) made me feel like i still had some worth to me, even though i felt like a bum. i now have a car and i feel better than ever (and im playing better than ever too!). All praise to the hyzer.
Not even any words to throw your way, Brother. I am SO SORRY. Head high, one day at a time, and slam the chains like never before. Church is in Session.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968