www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've come to realize after many many years that I feel more relaxed and comfortable when my free hand is holding a disc as i putt...normal? superstition? I have no clue. What's your take on this?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

opposite for me
It's all what makes you feel comfortable. Some people practice with a disc in the opposite hand, and they tend to putt this way when it matters. I have seen towels used for this too.
good topic man... As nascar mike says i use a towel this is very comfortable for me... The disc thing is also another comfort for me. I think it is because my other hand just isn't hanging around there ya know? Caution i will say is that you thinking about it and pondering about it might make this JUJU a bad JUJU as it gets into your head... probably me just saying this will bring it to life. So i will say i am sorry in advance and say good luck and keep putting.
Play the way you practice.

When I practice I putt with two discs and a towel, so in a tournament I walk up to each putt with two discs and a towel in hand, decide which disc to putt with as I am setting up, then my opposite hand holds a disc and a towel. This is my normal pattern, in practice, in tournament rounds or in the world championships.

The added advantage of this approach is that when I set up to putt I always have the choice of using my straight Rattler or my more overstable Magnet. Before adopting this strategy I would walk up to putt with one disc (like most people) . If either the wind conditions changed or I just re-thought my choice of putters then I would have to go back to the bag, get a different disc and set up once again. Being lazy, sometimes even if I thought I should change the putter I didn't, then if I missed I ended up playing head games on myself. Never work yourself if you can avoid it. It is your opponents job to work you. Don't do their job for them. :)

Play the way you practice.
If it makes you feel at ease then do it. For me my free hand has to be behind my back. Because I THINK it will keep my release on a straighter line. It's all in the head! and yes. play as you practice.
it's all about having your mind in the right place and feeling confident in your putt. hell i always give my putter a little kiss for luck. i started doing that to knock my stress down and focus on the disc and the chains.... yes, i get a lot of reactions after but it's just what i do.
jc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968