www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Didn't there used to be more "A" tier tournaments in Michigan?   Wasn't GLO an A-tier?  Why doesn't A3 have an A-Tier?   Lotta questions huh? I thought Michigan was a top DG state?

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where are the people willing to do the work to run an A-Tier in Michigan???
Where is the player base that can afford to spend more than 20$ on a tournament in Michigan???
Also good questions.
Thanks for the enlightenment.
CCR woo-woot! (Lansing)
DGLO got shafted so hard last year, schedule-wise, by an event that didn't even happen, I'm not surprised there was little interest in the tourney this year. That, and the trend that most of the stalwart a3 guys have given up the ship explains a lot. Most of the new energy and dedicated folks in the area have put their focus elsewhere, unfortunately.

If you're an Am, there's a major in MI, and the CCR event gets better each year. Give those a try.
I know I'm drifting slightly, but Lemon Lake in NW IN is having an A-Tier, the Pro Worlds Warm Up. We aren't far at all from SW Michigan. We always get very good Michigan players at our tourneys. Come on out. It's being held on May 22nd and 23rd. The Lemon ain't MI, but we are also not far away.

Fly On Homie!

Rudy, Red Roc DGC
Disc Girls Gone Wild! June 19-20 at Sleepy Hollow....thats an A-tier....but women only so send out your girlfriends and your wives because ALL FEMALE DIVISIONS are offered!!!! Come on ladies!!! We should be very lucky to have an A-tier around here so please try to make it out! It will be TONS and TONS of fun!!!!
Thank to everyone giving the CCR Open props!! Bob Walz and myself put a lot of hard work into that tournament. This year we have a hotel sponsor, Days Inn on Saginaw Hwy. They have a pool, hot tub, restaurant and bar. We will also be setting up a flymart at the hotel for anyone interested it's a $150.00 dollars a table and that will include a couple of tee signs on one of the courses.
We will be utilizing 3 courses this year Grand Woods East, Grand Woods West and Waverly Hills. I am happy to announce that Waverly Hills is going to be a permanent course in the near future. We are unsure yet whether or not we will be using the same course layout as last year or drawing up a new one. Either way it's going to be sweet!!
We are also expecting a larger than usual turnout of touring pro's due to the fact that we are the weekend after the Brent Hambrick Memorial and the weekend before the Pro Worlds in Northern Indiana. So everyone make sure you pre register!!! All of our events have been filling up this year. March Mush next weekend has been full for 3 weeks now. thats 84 players both days!! Registration will be available shortly at www.ccrdiscgolf.org.

Thanks,
Ira Fields
Off the top of my head, I thought the reserved spot detail was in regards to NT events only, but I'm not up for googling this morning. As you pointed out, quality isn't tier-dependent. Positively correlated, perhaps, but it all depends on what each player values.

Some of the folks around here are working on fund-raising for the Great Lakes Open via a smaller tournament series. (Thanks to Tim). Here's info:

http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/DGLO_Championship_Series_2010/...

Joe
3 months of Disc Golf was not enough for me...I moved to Sunny Florida.
My Entire family still resides in Michigan.
They claim to like the "4 seasons" yet still complain about winter!
I would have been one of those people qualified to work hard and run an A-tier, but I left.
Maybe I am not the only one and all you have left is sNOw.
I cannot be the only one to escape~!
I still Love Michigan and try to visit often.
Hi Mom!!!
Good replies! I believe you are right Mark, it is the quality not the tier. I have never played an A-tier myself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968