www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Most of my extended family lives in eastern Ohio/northwestern West Virginia. Over the years, Ben and I have played during Christmas weekend, often on the day itself, at the downtown course in Pittsburgh. The name of it is not coming to me right now. Anyway, it's only about 60 minutes from my mother's home in Lisbon, Ohio. Sometimes we've gone to the tiniest course in the world, in Chester, West Virginia. And now there is the Thompson Park course right in East Liverpool. Last year, Ben and I drove a bit and played Deis Hill, near Dover, Ohio.

Sheila and I will have discs with us on the Amazon but don't expect to find a course. It's so cold I don't think we would play even if we were staying home this weekend. (Below zero last night.)

Who will you be visiting, and where will you be playing this weekend?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luckily we do not have to travel to be with family so we will be in Mt Pleasant, SC and I hope to play Trophy Lakes Christmas Eve and Friday through Sunday if possible. It is suppose to be around 70 degrees from Wed through the weekend here but tonight maybe in the 20's.
My family lives in Washington and Vegas so I will be staying here in NC. But my friends are all near. I believe Wednesday we are getting together to play some casual at the Middle Creek course in Cary, then Saturday is the BIG event. Our final monthly for our club. I have the overall points on Lock but I am only leading the advanced points for our course by a mere 8 points. I just took 1st in the Kentwood Christmas Classic yesterday so its been a great holiday month so far (except for my wreck)
im not traeling untill after the new year but i will be headed down to texas and hopefully get some golf in. love z-boaz and lewisvill lake. hope everyone has a safe trip if traveling
Christmas this year is a hike with the girlfreind in the Blue Ridge Mtns and then a round with the boys, hopefully throwing some new x-mas plastic!
On Christmas Eve, I'll probably head out to my local course, Weatherford, move some baskets around and play a round, then see if anyone shows up for doubles that night.
As far as the weekend goes, someplace close but may head over to Lake Lewisville or something like that.
I'll be taking a couple of newbies (my cousins) out for their first disc golf experience at the Greenway course in Ocala, FL. Should be around 75 degrees and sunny.
At the 4th Annual Chico Disc Golf Club Charity Fundraiser! Unfortunately, do to venomous local politics, we will have to play in the next town over. But what the heck, it's all for Charity!
I will be staying here in Dallas, but will be sorely tempted to play in a one-day 2 round tournament at the Greenbelt course in Carrollton, TX, where the organizer got permission to not only set up some holes, but to play the course Backwards. I think it is the first time that this type of play has been "official".
Im planning on a two course trip. One to classic Redan and another to East Roswell Park.

Terry - How is Deis Hill btw?

Im from Ohio and will be headed back there for my Bday. Id love to find a good course to play.
Schennley, dad

and Donnie- you MUST play Deis
Who knows, there is a tournament in Fairhope next weekend, will probably go there to practice a little bit. Either that or play some of the courses in Pensacola
don't know whether I'll be brave enough to venture out. Terry knows all too well, here in ann arbor/yspi.... greater than 12" of snow and single digit temps may make me stay inside and play with all the kids' new toys!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968