www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Where did you first learn to play disc golf? How long ago was that? I learned about the sport in 1993. North Bend, Oregon. Little 9 hole 2 pad PuttPutt course. We used to play doubles for dollars back in the day instead of going to high school.

Views: 5

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so a few months back, lol?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=401 Steilacoom pr Steilly as it is known to the thos who play it. A firend of mine had play back disc back in his elementary days at the local rec center throwing at color poles. Fast forward several years, He wanted to try it again, so we used his Bachelor party as the reason... we bought a few discs each (based on disc coolness or color) not knowing which disc does what.. and from the sound of the first chains be rung I was hooked. % years later still crave the sound ona regular basis...
Here in Greenville SC about 3 years ago, had a roommate who had learned a Earlewood in Columbia and he took me and the other roommate out to Timmons Park, the first course in the Upstate and a great beginner course. The other roomie hasn't played picked up a disc after that, but I've been out discin' at least once a week ever since. Weird how the disc'addiction hits some people and completely misses others- he was a patchoulli-smelling long hair and it just didn't "speak" to him at all but hit me square in the nutsacTM
brown park,hudson mills, michigan. 4 years ago
Hudson Mills, hangover rounds. a pint and friends, good stuff.
oh, circa 2000 or so.
Kensington 2 years ago. I had interest and a local saint helped me along...
I started in indana at george wilson park in1997.
At Trees and Telephone poles in 1970.
I discovered and played for the first time in 2004 and played at a little pitch and putt course call West Chester Lagoon a few times then played old Kincaid, both in Anchorage, Alaska. After that time, I never played again until May of '09 when my buddy got me to play. Ever since then I've played like mad and have modest OCD about it :P
On a disc golf course :P
I learned to play on Hudson Mills original course. Thanks Gabe for taking me out and putting up with my short drives. Lol.
Mid/late 80s, Northside Park, Gainesville, FL - me and a college friend got hooked playing several times a week. Noticed there was a dude on the course most every time we were there who could really throw, turned out to be Tom Monroe, he took us under his wing sometimes and taught us well.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968