www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Where did you first learn to play disc golf? How long ago was that? I learned about the sport in 1993. North Bend, Oregon. Little 9 hole 2 pad PuttPutt course. We used to play doubles for dollars back in the day instead of going to high school.

Views: 5

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My 1st experience with Pole Holes ( Real Disc Golf Baskets ) was in 1976 at a park in Pasadena , California.

It was then called " Oak Grove ". When I drive up there to this day , I still consider it Oak Grove.

I think it is now called " Hahamongna Watershed Park ".

Some of the baskets were smaller than todays baskets. Some had 8 -10 single chains I think. Now they are all up to date.
I started playing about 1983 in Austin. A buddy and I would play tree golf in the neighborhood with 141 gm frisbees. Then we discovered the course at Barthlomew Park, I was hooked.
Horizons Park near Winston-Salem, NC in October, 2008.

First noticed some chainlink baskets placed around a small playground/park in Elon, NC one day (during my neice's birthday party.)
Naturaly, I was curious to research what on earth these baskets were used for; and why they were placed right in the middle of hiking trails and landscaped natural areas. Two Google searches later I had located the nearest disc golf course and planned to try it out.
With only a $13 investment for three used discs at Play It Again Sports, I located the closest course and played a lonely, and poorly scored round.

During my second round that day, one of the local players, after sharing some tips on release and form, reached into his bag and handed me two discs: a well-used Roc and DX Pegasus for me to try out and keep.
Realizing now that most disc golfers share this generousity and helpful spirit, I know this has to be the best sport on Earth, lol.

One year later, I have now played over 25 courses and inspired several friends to try disc golf. Two of them are as addicted to DG as me and we just joined the local dg club.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968