www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am from Massachusetts and our DG Association (NEFA) ran into  quite the situation recently. One of our members who is a male has been going through the process of being a female. The problem is we run a Point series and the  DG'er wanted and did play in the Womens Advanced Division for several Tournaments. She won all the Tourney's she entered and was out throwing the other females by roughly75-100 ft. A vote was passed by the Assoc. and she now has not been allowed to play in the Wo's division and is currently in the AM2  Division. How do you feel about this? DISCUSS>

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

in California
not a tough call for me. a doctor can perform surgery,, but can't change a he into a she. sorry dude you should be playing with the boys.
Well the LPGA is now allowing it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/sports/golf/13lawsuit.html

I would suggest a genetic test.
XX = Woman
XY = Man
I think that if she is out gunning all the girls in her division on a regular basis then she needs to move to a different division. This just sounds like a new and advanced way to be a bagger.
Waaaaaaaay too much information.
WTF!? I can't believe what I am reading.

I guess I would have to say it is unfair. Since the advantage does not work in reverse, (a woman becoming a man and out throwing the men in that division) then it shouldn't be allowed. It should be a decision made by the NEFA, and if the NEFA is a private org., then they have the right to discriminate for any reason.

...I don't know... what a big mess :-L
Here in Chico, the local softball league encountered such an issue recently. Almost exactly the same situation in fact. After much "hemming and hawwing" the Baord in charge of making these decisions decided that the individual would play in the mens division regardless of the cosmetic changes.
The key word is "process" With all the hormonal therapy she will end up going through. Chances are, when the process is over. She won't be throwing 75 to 100 ft. further.
No.. Mass.
this guy just didn't want to be a bagger
You could always go by what sex is on the driver license, if the state says so then you are forced, i would hate for the club to be in court for discrimination
Easy, open women.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968