www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which one of these discs actually goes the farthest?

Wraith
Destroyer
Boss
Katana
Nuke
Force

I know some of this depends on how hard you can throw and your technique, but I'm genuinely curious which disc goes farther on a consistent basis.

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Consistently the pro boss(172) is my money driver for extra d, but the valk can still out drive it when I throw it just right.
Or perhaps they live above 5000ft. Have you ever tried throwing a mid-max weight boss in thin air?
I have the opposite problem, I throw the force on average 400 feet but my Crush goes further around 430 comfortably. My nuke flips if I try throwing it on an open hole or in any wind. I have to use it uphill to get it to get any decent distance.
NUKE for sure!!!
Your going to hate this responce, but it all depends on the weather conditions and how all these discs are thrown in those conditions.
the pro wraith is my "less than ideal weather" driver, but i'm with you, my champ valk is my most accurate distance driver.
pro boss or beat in star destroyer are the 2 discs i have thrown the farthest. champ boss is more consistent for me though, so i reach for it more times than not. still experimenting with my katana. all of these discs bomb for different throwing styles.
I've thrown all these discs save the Force. R-pro Boss and pro Katana are the farthest I've discs I have. I feel that I have more consistency with the Katana than I do with the R-pro boss.

If you wanted to know what these discs do for real, we should be talking to the pros. Blake T @ discgolfreview.com makes the Joes Flight Chart and has people throw discs for him (this is what I've heard). I think he'd be a good person to ask.
I've only tried the first 3 but consistently i would say WRAITH i cant get a bomb out of the BOSS but that was once on an open field and i could only get that drive once out of about 12 shots but im sure if i spent more time with it i might be able to get it down. I dont like the Destroyer even though i know there are a ton of Destroyer fans out there. My buddy is one of these fan and ive seen him bomb some huge shots with the destroyer and it was a really light disc so with a 170-175 Boss im sure he could send that thing cruising cause hes got one of the farthest drive is seen first hand.
I've added 50-75 feet since i bought my nuke. Its pretty awesome. I've also been playing everyday for the last 3 weeks.
I think your problem is. You throw to far! lol!! My average is in the 300 to 320 range. But with my Nuke or Katana. I can get anywere from 10 to 20 feet more. So if you want to throw the Nuke with more consistancy. Stop thowing so far! ;)
Nuke for straight or anny shots. Destroyer or Force for longer hyzers, forced anny's and wind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968