www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which one of these discs actually goes the farthest?

Wraith
Destroyer
Boss
Katana
Nuke
Force

I know some of this depends on how hard you can throw and your technique, but I'm genuinely curious which disc goes farther on a consistent basis.

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

boss or nuke
As they have become more "seasoned" as well as practicing more with them. I've been able to birdie holes on a regular basis. That in the past, required a well placed jump putt. Those discs are the Nuke and Katana. I have to say they are equal in distance for me, but they are used for different types of holes and conditions. For me the Nuke can take on headwinds and needs a little more room since it hyzers more than the Katana. I use my Katana for tight holes and tailwinds. As for the Boss and the Force. They are just to stable for me. So I can't vouch for their distance.
Katana by far on a calm day. I am crushing my previous best distances by close to 50-75 feet even with starting to use a run up. The disc is faster than any other I have thrown, and the glide is phenomenal.

The Nuke so far is my distance disc for head winds. On calm days I just can't get the disc to not hyzer out big time at the end, but the Nuke fights the wind like no other. It actually flies like a Katana in the wind.
I LOVE MY BOSS , I USED TO BE A BIG WRAITH FAN UNTIL I TRIED A BOSS . MY BOSS IS BACKED-UP WITH MY NUKE ,THEY WORK SO WELL FOR ME I HARDLY GET THE CHANCE TO PULL MY KATANA OUT OF THE BAG.
The NUKE without a doubt. It is between a Boss and Katana in stability and if it hyzers too much for some, they are just simply not throwing it well enough.
Wraith, for my arm
same with me. especially the pro plastic
I just added the champ Katana along side the destroyer and boss. For me, its the Katana.
The one that YOU can throw the furthest.

I throw a 156g R-Pro Katana, I throw that one further then anything. I have not tried a nuke, to heavy for me as I usually throw 150 class discs.
Destroyer for me, but I've seen the Nuke add almost instant distance to people's throws. I'm trying to beat some of the stability out of my Nuke before it becomes a primary driver. Right now, I have three Destroyers in the bag, in three different plastics, to do three different throws. For consistency's sake, I'm not sure that I will ever really give them up.
farthest drive ever was with the boss and the nuke an but the force was a close second
165g R-Pro Boss is the farthest disc I've thrown (and I have or have tried the others on the list).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968