www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My local store is having a Discraft sale at 50% off. At this much off I am buying.

However, I need some help and suggestions. I like long and flat straight disks. There are no Avengers SS there.

Innova discs I like: Roc (My number one goto)
Kite - long and straight
Tee Bird and Leopard also long straight
JK Avair Putter
Viper - for shots I need to get around something.
Archangel - Like the glide
Predator - for those headwind shots

I am leaning towards buying a Buzzz, Wasp and Drone.
I throw less then 250 ft, typically about 230 and that is up about 30 feet with some recent changes.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have two Valks, a Roadrunner, a Leopard, and a sidewinder,

I have been buying discs in the 160-170 range, as I also have wind all the time to contend with in SD.
I have a breeze and its my main understable mid, it is a score maker for sure
Roc - Wasp
Kite - Glide
TeeBird - Stalker
Aviar - Challenger
Viper - Xtreme (If you can find it) otherwise try a reaper
Archangel - Stratus maybe slipstream GT
Predator is discraft
For long, straight Discraft drivers, try Flashes, Surge SS's or XL's. If they have a Flash in Z plastic I would try that first.

If you like Rocs then a Buzzz is very similar. A Z Buzzz flies a bit straighter than a new Roc in DX plastic and stays that way for years (candy plastic has amazing durability). If you want a Roc-like disc which is more overstable then go with a Wasp.

If your store has the newest discs from Discraft then the Stalker is similar to a TeeBird. Stalkers are great.

The Drone is crazy overstable for spike hyzers or fighting big winds.
I agree. Buy everything. You wont find another deal like that and 30 discs is not alot. Oh and the predator is not innova, it is Discraft.
I know it is discraft, it is my great headwind disc that I bought used.
Mark,
They did not have a Z plastic Buzzz, I bought two twin ESP Buzzz at 172G. I did not think a Buzz would be nearly as good as a Roc. Well, I went out and threw them today, and they are nice. The Buzzz holds a line almost no matter what, even through branches that would kill the Roc.

I wrote about it here: http://www.planetisaac.com/2009/08/roc-and-buzzzz-biased-reivew.html
After playing a total of 18 holes of doubles, Rocs v. Buzzzes, the buzzz team won by 5 throws and 14 out of 18 CTB.
Where is this local store? thats a huge sale
http://xtremetrendz.com/

*Xtreme Trendz * 210 N Main St. * Mitchell SD 57301 * (605)996-0757

Ask for Bob.

There are about 25 discs. There is one more Buzz, I bought a 2nd today
From what I hear, the main disc that primarily Innova players cross over for is the Buzz.

Planning on trying one out myself sometime soon. :)
The Buzz is a great disc! and the Drone would make a nice combo. The Drone is great for those nasty headwinds or big time hyzer shots. Also if you can find a 150 class Flick. BUY IT!! Heck buy them all if they have more than one. The only other Discraft disc I ever liked was the Tracker. Brand loyalty disclaimer! I throw them ALL!! If it helps my game. I'll use it!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968