www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My local store is having a Discraft sale at 50% off. At this much off I am buying.

However, I need some help and suggestions. I like long and flat straight disks. There are no Avengers SS there.

Innova discs I like: Roc (My number one goto)
Kite - long and straight
Tee Bird and Leopard also long straight
JK Avair Putter
Viper - for shots I need to get around something.
Archangel - Like the glide
Predator - for those headwind shots

I am leaning towards buying a Buzzz, Wasp and Drone.
I throw less then 250 ft, typically about 230 and that is up about 30 feet with some recent changes.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For long, straight Discraft drivers, try Flashes, Surge SS's or XL's. If they have a Flash in Z plastic I would try that first.

If you like Rocs then a Buzzz is very similar. A Z Buzzz flies a bit straighter than a new Roc in DX plastic and stays that way for years (candy plastic has amazing durability). If you want a Roc-like disc which is more overstable then go with a Wasp.

If your store has the newest discs from Discraft then the Stalker is similar to a TeeBird. Stalkers are great.

The Drone is crazy overstable for spike hyzers or fighting big winds.
I agree. Buy everything. You wont find another deal like that and 30 discs is not alot. Oh and the predator is not innova, it is Discraft.
I know it is discraft, it is my great headwind disc that I bought used.
Where is this local store? thats a huge sale
From what I hear, the main disc that primarily Innova players cross over for is the Buzz.

Planning on trying one out myself sometime soon. :)
http://xtremetrendz.com/

*Xtreme Trendz * 210 N Main St. * Mitchell SD 57301 * (605)996-0757

Ask for Bob.

There are about 25 discs. There is one more Buzz, I bought a 2nd today
Mark,
They did not have a Z plastic Buzzz, I bought two twin ESP Buzzz at 172G. I did not think a Buzz would be nearly as good as a Roc. Well, I went out and threw them today, and they are nice. The Buzzz holds a line almost no matter what, even through branches that would kill the Roc.

I wrote about it here: http://www.planetisaac.com/2009/08/roc-and-buzzzz-biased-reivew.html
The Buzz is a great disc! and the Drone would make a nice combo. The Drone is great for those nasty headwinds or big time hyzer shots. Also if you can find a 150 class Flick. BUY IT!! Heck buy them all if they have more than one. The only other Discraft disc I ever liked was the Tracker. Brand loyalty disclaimer! I throw them ALL!! If it helps my game. I'll use it!
After playing a total of 18 holes of doubles, Rocs v. Buzzzes, the buzzz team won by 5 throws and 14 out of 18 CTB.
Buzzz in Z-plastic!!! Drone for wind.
Try a Beast in 168 -170 range, very similar to the Avenger SS.
hey now,pick up the stratus,good to have in your bag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968