www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What kind of dog do you take with you and why?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have 5 dogs so i take 2 out and 3 hate the sound of the chains and run about 5 miles before they stop it's a good run.I'm lucky i live next to idgc with a lake so me and the dogs go swiming after the round. I love taking my dogs out golfing
I take my yellow lab with me. He loves to caddy for me- although he is not that good at disc selection he knows where it is supposed to go!
Attachments:
My buddy's border collie, Wham-O. That dog is the greatest discn' dog I've ever seen - he'll play all day if you let him, is good about not eating plastic in play, and great at finding errant throws. He also cares absolutely nothing for other dogs, so you don't get stuck with a bunch of canine tom foolery.
" Iused to play with this little freak named Jude until someone stole him"

Who steals somebody elses' dog??? Geez!

This is Cooper. He's the best discn dog ever.
I take my German Shorthaired pointer, he has been going with me for 10 years. When i get to the course he takes off and runs around I might see him 2 or 3 times during the round when he comes in to get a doggie bisquit. But other than that everybody on the course knows who "Tracker" belongs to. And there never has been any problems.
will he retrieve discs from the water? that would be just about perfect as long as he didn't chew them in the process

Presto said:

This is Cooper. He's the best discn dog ever.

brown lab=kasha, aussie/lab cowdog mix=fergus, why? cuz they live with me
mostly oblivious to all the throws goin on, they're veterans of KC waterworks, NftMyersFLA, and now grandwoods lansing...
(pic take at nashville's 7oaks last yr roadtrippin)
I used to play frisbee with my Blue Healer, Matty. But she has passed on many years ago :(

she was cute though, and would catch the frisbee all day long non-stop if I let her.

Cooper just likes to cool off in tha water. He doesn't swim too much. He also can tell the difference from my plastic and his frisbees. Which is great in tha backyard when practicing.
I never thought of having the dogs as caddies. That pretty cool

Jessie Rockz said:
I take my 1 1/2 year old rottweiler with me golfing. She loves to run around the course, doesn't chase my discs, and listens when I drive. She also has her own backpack and caddies sometimes!
i have a chocolate lab named hershey. she loves when we take her to play. she sniffs out water and tennis balls and baseballs. she does run after my drives, but i'm used to it. she does not ever pick up a frisbee though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968