www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Any company, any type, what plastic blend do you prefer to throw?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like the pro d blend in a soft magnet for a puter i,like FLX the absaolute best but elite z and champion is a close second i also like star and prefer dx to pro d
Innova star or latitude 64 gold line.
Innova Star plastic because of all the wooded courses here in NC. It's durable and takes a lot to really beat in that material. Innova KC Pro plastic for my rocs and aviars. I have felt the Latitude 64 Gold Line plastic though. Pretty effin' sweet.
Innova (driver) = Star, Aviar (putter) = Pro, Discraft = ESP or Z
Sometimes you pick up a disc and immediately love the feel of it. That must be why I have more than a few discs in my collection.

I was playing in a doubles tournament in January and looking for a disc to give my partner, so I went in the Discraft factory and started grazing, checking out the new stuff, looking, touching, comparing.

The new runs of Z Buzzz (which I love anyway) felt superb so I picked out a max weight, flat as a board, orange with a white hotstamp (creamsicle, oooh, orange and white) disc, which felt...perfect. Then during the event I forgot to give it to him (sorry, Tom Jenkins). No really, I did. C'mon, there were a stack of them.

Then it sat in my trunk and I kept noticing it from time to time. And each time I thought, dang, this is one fine disc. Eventually, I tested it. I learned that the Z Buzz which has been in my bag for a couple years has finally broken in (it happens so gradually you don't notice it) and the new, fresh one is much stronger. Now the new one is in the bag, too. And flying great.

When you really, really, like a disc it flies better.

Being a practical guy, I prefer the plastic which works best. At the moment I have D plastic (Magnets and an old school Rattler), Rubber (Rattler), X (Buzzz), ESP (Nukes) , whatever that stuff in DGA plastic is (Rogues) and Z (everything else). Mostly I love Z: the clear, indestructible, typically flat plastic.

Z usually comes out flatter and more stable than the other plastics. Z is the shizzle. I hope they can make a Nuke in Z.

So I was in the factory last week. I won a local event and earned a few discs through my Team bonus and was grazing, looking touching, feeling, comparing. I always check out the newest runs of whatever I throw and the Z Buzzz's felt....perfect: Dead nuts flat, grippy, strong. So I looked for the unusual color blems ( when discs are being made and they are switching from one color to another, the last of one color as it transitions to another produces unique colors) and found a couple yellow/orange/pearlish/swirly discs. Who knows, if I happen to lose the creamsicle Z Buzzz there just might be an opening in the starting line-up.
haha. You said shizzle.
Big fan of Z, like Mark said it comes out flatter and there no disc better than a flat top crush but unfortantly my fav is the Cam Todd blend they used for the challengers. Theres a chance they will come back. Cam you can do it buddy!
DISCRAFT CRYZTAL!!!!!!!! best plastic ever.
Innova DX. Everything else is too overstable, and doesn't get enough glide for me.
I would say for grip I love Opto plastic and Innova Pro. For durability Lat 64 and Z.
Discraft Z
Star, but I also have a few Quest AT drivers and there plastic is pretty good. Champion is OK, but I do love Star.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968