www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking to buy a basket for back yard practice. Money isnt a issue between the two baskets I am stuck between the getting.. I am going to be storing them in a garage when not in use, so weathering is not a factor
The first is the Mach 14. Since it is like most baskets on courses. It look dependable.
The second one is the Innova skill shot. It look smaller for more of a challenge or accuracy. I am leaning towards the Mach 14, but if anyone has feedback for additional pro or cons of these, I would be interested in hearing it. I havent seen either one in person so I cant make a judgement and I will be order one of them online.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well if money is not an issue i would think it would be best to pratice with the more challenging basket... and if money is not an issue go ahead and get me one too....

good luck
jc
I've got an innova discatcher sport in my back yard. It looks much like the ones on the course, only lighter. The chains are also lighter, so it encourages a softer touch. I would definately agree that they should be stored between uses, the chains on my basket are showing some rust. To be fair, it spent a lot of time outside during one of the worst winters in our history.
Notice DD said there is not a problem with price between the two is small like $20. So the $20 or so is no big deal, now buying a second is a big deal.

I am going for one that looks like the ones out on the course.
I have the Skillshot - folds like an umbrella (a heavy one!) and it very sturdy. I like practicing with it - a slightly smaller target makes me more accurate.
Get both of them, and putt back and forth, instead of putting and gathering and walking.
The skill shot will make you a better putter.

If money is not an issue get yourself a portable chainstar with wheel. No sense in buying cheap when you can get a professional one. Then you can rent your professional one to be used in local tournaments. ;)
i have the mach lite and i love it. easy set up and break down. catches well. fits in my car. it goes where i go.
get the skillshot that is what i have and within a month my putting got so much better. i used to be scared to putt from outside ten feet but no i can hit putts all day with no trouble at all. it has lowered my scores big time and now i have become so much better because it is smaller i can use it for practice and then when i go to make a big putt the basket looks huge.the skillshot is also easy to take with you to and open field or u can make your own hole and it can help u practice driving and midrange.

I have one of these !!!
I personally have an M-14 and I recieve alot of chain outs if the disc is not dead center.
So:
A. Learn to hit dead center
B. Buy extra chains

A and B will improve your game. A will improve your skils, B will improve your confidence if you can consistently sink shots.
So...goodluck. =D
I currently have a DB-5 but I am saving up my funny money for one of these DGA Mach lites to travel with the 55lb DB-5 is a beast to lug around.
I got a skill shot! Best thing that ever happened to my short game! I think it being a bit smaller really improves your accuracy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968