www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Today I was out playing a round with two other guys. It was a beautiful fall day here in Sarasota. A little while into the round, as the three of us were about to putt, We hear a driver plop down behind us, someone shouting out "all clear" and a little kid shouting "heads up fellas". So we finish that hole, chalking it up to ignorance. A few holes later, as one of the other two guys in my group was taking a moment to scope out how he wanted to make his approach shot, another shout "Hey do you need a reason"  After a brief verbal back and forth, we encouraged the schmucks to go ahead and play on through. In the process, the kid who was with the group picked up one of our guy's drivers from where it laid ( remember the A-Holes decided to take up their little beef  right after we had driven). He asked if it was any of our's I asked the kid of it was his, he said no, I said "then you should probably put it right back where you found it". His dad, or older brother or whoever, told him, "Don't do that, you got in trouble for that earlier". I am a step father myself & I take the little one's manners seriously. You can't really blame the kid for his ignorance but It's a little sad seeing the example that guy was setting for the kid. Had their group called out and asked if we minded if they play on through once we had all made our putts, it would have been way better received by the three of us and there wouldn't have been any conflict or hard feelings. I guess in some cases ego and self importance win out over treating others with respect.WTF?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If he had seen my mortgage statement and paycheck they would have left me alone LOL.
Now that's even funnier.Once into the woods at waterTower one needs to be on their"game",both playing and aware of his/her surroundings.Holes 13thru 16 can have "extra" activities,throw away pipes on the ground,"citizens" just hanging out.Give me Flying monkees and witches instead;>}
See ya on the fairway someday Todd.Plan on playing in the Tour del Sol on the 4th of Dec,maybe meet ya then.Good times.
My uncle dad takes exception to that remark about inbreeding.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968