www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

for me it has been the group "MOBZ" (in mobile, al), papa smurff (steve), mikey P, and my sons( drew, mike, & richie ) who challange me week in and week out to get better. the best part is these guys have NO, NONE. NOT ONE SINGLE OUNCE OF KINDNESS IN THEM (my sons esp.), and i love it.... smack a tree i'm told i throwing termites all day, miss a 30 foot putt by coming up short (all hell breaks loose and the "SHORT" jokes just don't stop).. these guys are some of my best friends and it's because of my sons gettng me into this sport. . .

so, who are your heros, mentors, or just the "thorn in your side" that push-pull-drag you to be the best you can?

jc

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to thank my brother in-law for introducing me to this sport, the 24 Chains gang for pushing me to be a better player.
I would also have to thank Mark Ellis for introducing me to one of the best discs ever, the discraft pulse. I can use it for forehand drives and overhead shots. He also has to be thanked for all the sweet videos that he and discraft produce to help out the noobs like me.
All of them are my biggest influences. You all rock and thank you!
OK, I'm calling B.S... Every body knows Mark Ellis only throw the Rattler! lol!!
Mark Ellis period...When I first got into it I watched all the Youtube Vids I could find and I watched all of his clinics and it was very helpful for me...My brother likes Mike Frame and Nate Doss because they throw backhand and He seen Mike Frames ace video probably 100 times...
at this point in my game, I have two influences. The old school influence, my mentor, Sherman Davis. and the new school influence, my golfing buddy (we feed off each other... he's pro and I'm advanced am), Nate Z. Then I pull styles, thought processes and attitudes from different local people. Steve Hill, Bob Marley, Bryan McAleese (smackin'trees)...

I'd have to say my favorite sponsored pro is Michael Johansen, though. Pretty much because he can beebop and scat through the woods with what looks like very minimal effort... him and Shweberger. I'm not trying to copy their styles, I just like the fact that they're incredibly good but they also have a fun attitude about the whole thing.
Well 3 people frist davey dog for taking me out to french creek to doggy woods ..but now I have to say josh childs and blaine kinkel for helping me with putting and no hero shots leaning my mids and make smart putts ...my game as come a long way in two and half years So thanks guys
Ron Converse! He taught me to putt & gave me my 1st putter ever ( a really broke in Omega Supersoft). He's the man!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968